Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Black Knight
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm looking at replacing the stock rear tail/brake light assembly on my '09 Glide. I bought an LED lightbar from eglidegoodies.com but didn't like the way it was going to look after mounting it so I didn't even take it out of the shrink wrap. They wouldn't take it back stating their policy is no returns on electrical items. I won't be buying anything from them again.

Anyway, somebody told me about a super bright intensity LED light that goes on in place of the stock one. www.brightasslights.com is the place. Anyone out there use this light?

Jim

·
IBA Member 40248
120 Posts
Yup.. put one on my bike when I bought it. Its much brighter than the stock one and as we all know, higher vis is MUCHO better. Its a snap to install. Pop off the stock light, put the jumper in the wire assembly, attach the cable, then screw it in. Took me all of 10 mins. You'll be happy with it!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check out Kuryakyn. I bought a blue dot tail light and light bar. All lights have really bright LEDs in them. Additionally, when you engage the brakes, the tail light and the turn signals blink three or four times before staying on...really grabs the attention of anyone behind you. The other cool thing is that when you use your indicator lights, not only does the signal flash, but a yellow arrow pointing in the direction of your turn flashes in the tail light...pretty cool and very visible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Old thread, yeah,

but I put one of the BAL1 on today. Pricey little thing it is. But, I was at the dealer in Ormond Beach, and couldn't pass it up. It is so bright that it is painful to my old eyes to look at it. It is plug and play,five minutes, with a phillips head screwdriver. It has 3 brightness levels for running light, and 27 brake patterns.

Now, I hope the brightness drives the tailgaters back a ways. If it causes 'em to see spots, oh, well.........

http://www.brightasslights.com/site/

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi. I'm looking at replacing the stock rear tail/brake light assembly on my '09 Glide. I bought an LED lightbar from eglidegoodies.com but didn't like the way it was going to look after mounting it so I didn't even take it out of the shrink wrap. They wouldn't take it back stating their policy is no returns on electrical items. I won't be buying anything from them again.

Anyway, somebody told me about a super bright intensity LED light that goes on in place of the stock one. BrightAssLights.com - BAL-1 Tail Lights, Super Bright LED Lights is the place. Anyone out there use this light?

Jim
Have not used this light.

I installed the HD 20 LED tail light/brake light with the red lens on my 09 RK and have been very pleased with it. It is very bright when you apply the brakes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts