Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi- Anyone with some info on aftermarket quik detach fairings with stero. I have a 04 roadking and have been checking the web for products, I've seen DeadCenter, Hoppe, Dragon, Tsyuki(I think it's something like that). Any info on what to look out for and if it's worth it. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just a bit of info that I observed with an aftermarket fairing....I saw an aftermarket fairing (not sure of the brand but I later saw it in a J&P catalog) that was absolutely tacky and gawdy.
It had 4 speakers in the front across where the factory batwing fairing only has 2. It was decked out with chrome speaker covers and all but looked absolutely terrible. I am sure the guy paid big bucks to get it but I woulda threw it on craigslist or Ebay or the garbage before I left it on any of my motorcycles.

Look in J&P and you will know the exact one I am referring to.

Of course this is just my opinion and yours may vary.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
My bud,'s been studying and researching these fairings,agreed sportziila is a p.o.s. a friend in our group picked up a (dragonfly) at the 105,th. bash,had it shipped to canada w/stereo in it and ready to paint. It looks great on the heritage and the stereo is kick a$$.check it out.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd like to know about the Memphis Shades fairings, myself. They say they use the same quick detach system as the H-D windshields and the fairing is cheap by comparison at the $250-300 range. I'm just curious about the quality. I'd like to add a fairing to my Road King, but not as a permanent install. I'd like to do a quick change for longer trips or colder weather and bea able to go back to my windshield in warmer weather.
JD

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Like the old saying goes,you get what you pay for..

·
Boooya!!!
2,767 Posts
I have installed a lot of farings. I own a stereo shop and specialize in Harleys. wasn't too impressed with dragon fly for years molds were warped speakers didn't fit right. but their latest Faring is great. uses 6x9 speakers now has metal brackets to attach. after years they worked out all the bugs. I don't sell them so i am not biased. i install them and once you get the assembly down pat they fit great. i even got a few installed with navigation and amps in them.

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
I have installed a lot of farings. I own a stereo shop and specialize in Harleys. wasn't too impressed with dragon fly for years molds were warped speakers didn't fit right. but their latest Faring is great. uses 6x9 speakers now has metal brackets to attach. after years they worked out all the bugs. I don't sell them so i am not biased. i install them and once you get the assembly down pat they fit great. i even got a few installed with navigation and amps in them.
:thumb

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
The popularity of aftermarket Fairings is crazy ! I have painted 3, in 3 weeks. One was a Harley Color Shop, paint scheme that needed to be matched. One stock color and finally a Screaming Eagle Road Glide, that needed to have it's custom paint scheme duplicated. Check them out, Spikes Custom Paint -Welcome * * * * ** t

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ive built one off of Ebay (which I just sold) and I am building another with 6X9s, 500W amp, and a 7 inch touch screen. Here are pics of the one I built. Still working on the new one. Only bad thing is UPS lost this fairing in the pic when they shipped it to the person who bought it. Both seem to fit well and if you do all the work yourself (minus paint) its not too expensive out of pocket compaired to some that are available out there.

Attachments

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
I'd like to know about the Memphis Shades fairings, myself. They say they use the same quick detach system as the H-D windshields and the fairing is cheap by comparison at the $250-300 range. I'm just curious about the quality. I'd like to add a fairing to my Road King, but not as a permanent install. I'd like to do a quick change for longer trips or colder weather and bea able to go back to my windshield in warmer weather.
JD
The Memphis Shades unit is a piece of crap. It's made of lucite so it's glorified windshield material. I was going to buy one untilk I saw it in person. Glad I didn't waste my money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I now have an exchange program for FLH inner Fairings. If you'd like your Inner Fairing painted to match your bike, but don't want the down time. You pre-pay for the paint, I paint the one I have and ship it to you. You ship me your old one, it's as easy as that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you just want a fairing and not one with a radio I would suggest the Memphis Shades. I had one and was really impressed. It is not the same quality as a H-D factory fairing like my E-Glide but... for about $350 - $360 bucks they do a really nice job. Just flip the latches (just like a Harley quick detatch does) take it off and / or put it on in 30 seconds. Just my 2 cents worth. Happy Trails...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts