Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a tour pak for my 08 FLHR Vivid Black, I see on ebay that there are a few companies offering them. Hmm I think $100 somthing vs $569 (Chicago HD cost) for HD Vivid Black w/silver pin King Pak.

The one aftermarket company does offer the vivid black color so this has me thinking. Are these a pretty good choice over HD pak? Would they hold my Arai SZ/M and will they work with HD quick detach setup.

TIA,
John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Aftermarket Tour Pack

Are you guys referring to the Mutsau tourpack? I am also considering it. If this is what you have installed with HD detachable hardware, please fill me in on how you completed the application.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also would like some info here too. Especially is the company makes the TP in Vivid Black.

TIA,
John

Are you guys referring to the Mutsau tourpack? I am also considering it. If this is what you have installed with HD detachable hardware, please fill me in on how you completed the application.

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Mine was a VIP in vivid black. Opens from the back instead of the side. HD quick disconnect hardward and platform for the bike and the tourpack came with a template for drilling the holes for the mounting hardware. It comes with a lock and keys.

I could switch it out with a sissy bar or just leave everything off depending on how and where I was riding and with who.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had one on my VTX a couple years ago, and was a very nice trunk. As I recall we could get one Full Face helmet in it, but not two. I am going to put a tour pack on my SG with a quick detach, and have compared the size specs and according to the printed specs the Mutazu is a little bigger, but the TourPac seems bigger looking at the pics. Huge difference in price. If you wanted to custom paint the Mutazu, it is a PITA, the way the hinges work I couldn't get the hinge pin out of it to separate the 2 parts, and had to paint it in one piece. Still a great value though. They now have the wrap around backrest too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts