Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get a new performance air cleaner for my bike. I'd like it to be smaller than the original tuna can. I'm not a huge fan of the cone filter, but I'd consider it. I've seen some air filters on other Sportsters that are rounded in the back, straight up and down up front and have sort of two inlets in the front where the air comes in. I think they're called "hyperchargers" or something. I can't seem to find any black circular options though. Post pics! Thanks!

·
Registered
39,458 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I use a K&N on my 98 Sporty 1200C - noticed a big difference in performace once it started getting some air

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
I have the Arlen Ness Big Sucker dealio. It improves the oil vapor venting from the heads, sucks (Uh huh) it into the venturi and not into the general air filter location, and allows for a nice, low profile stock type air cleaner cover, without holding your leg out and preventing you from getting to the brake easy enough and the filter element is cleanable and reusable with a simple oiling like the K&N filter.

I also specialize in run-on sentences today for no extra charge, cause I like you guys and gals and it wasn't as cold as it was lately and I'm out of beer, damnit.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
FYI...... you can hang a stock cover on that, custom, home made or anything you like.

Mine has a repop of the old Panhead aircleaner cover on it.... Drilled some holes to get a little more direct airflow, but it's completely open in the back. That's road salt....... freaken winter riding in the Northeast.......

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
PS.....dude......that bike's SCREAMING for a wider rear tire..............

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
nice wrinkle finish-looks good. damn i want a black bike too......chit!
:stir
Thanks...
Bike is actually Sierra Red, but I have been down sizing on the chrome and adding black stuff. I like the red/black look.
I added the black mirrors and picked up a fatboy rear wheel that I painted black. Added a black rear sprocket to match. Also painted the front wheel spokes mostly black.

I was looking at the black turn signal mounts, but I already added the LED mounts and I like having the extra lights out back.

Thinking about a black headlight visor, or the black heat shields, not sure yet.

Next up is a tank swap with a black console, but still collecting parts for that one.

·
SNOWmageddon!
1,511 Posts
Hey Sempr, can you give us a recent pic of your bike with all the black on it? I'd like to see how it looks..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Sempr, can you give us a recent pic of your bike with all the black on it? I'd like to see how it looks..
Added black levers and black mirrors to the black switch housings. Also blacked the rear wheel center section and black rear sprocket. Painted front wheel spokes with black highlights. About to have a new black tank console. And of course the black air cleaner housing.

[/IMG]

·
"Nervous Tick"
11,272 Posts
i agree with the mix of black and chrome. it sets the bike off really nice, and makes it a one of a kind...keep this up and your sporty will transform into a truly badazz machine!!:nod
mine of course, has a long way to go.....g

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys. Just picked up a 1995 Sportster 883 to teach my son to ride. It appears that the air filter needs to be replaced, but the huge stock one is UGLY. When I pulled it off, I see an electronic thing that says EVAP. I want to remove it, but I believe I need to "ground" it some how. (according to the parts guy @ Westminster HD) Anybody know what that means?

·
Registered
39,458 Posts
It is code that means you live in a communist state.

That is part of the commifornia only CARB compliant emissions system.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I like it's small size. With K&N filter. Vents to the outside, not back into carburetor.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 65 Posts