Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 RK Classic, and I just ditched the faulty Fuel Pak, which would result in the bike running on one jug. My indy installed a K&N Filter and did a Power Vision Tune. The bike runs absolutely perfectly; it just purrs with no popping on deceleration either. I would like to remove the football-shaped air filter cover, leaving the K&N exposed. If I do this, will it effect the leaness of the fuel mixture? I don't want to mess with it, as it is running so dang well right now, but I do like the retro look on this bike. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I have an 09 RK Classic, and I just ditched the faulty Fuel Pak, which would result in the bike running on one jug. My indy installed a K&N Filter and did a Power Vision Tune. The bike runs absolutely perfectly; it just purrs with no popping on deceleration either. I would like to remove the football-shaped air filter cover, leaving the K&N exposed. If I do this, will it effect the leaness of the fuel mixture? I don't want to mess with it, as it is running so dang well right now, but I do like the retro look on this bike. Your expertise is greatly appreciated.
The cover, on or off, will have no effect on the AFM . :)

·
Just Ride
3,255 Posts
Do you have the stage one backing plate? That plastic backing plate would look like shit all by itself. Anyway you'll may get a increase in intake noise but won't affect afr.

·
Registered
39,501 Posts
Do you have the stage one backing plate? That plastic backing plate would look like shit all by itself. Anyway you'll may get a increase in intake noise but won't affect afr.
And it will allow water to soak your filter if you get caught in the rain.

Only reason I leave mine on.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, first of all. I have a cosmetic flame piece that was on the football-shaped cover, which fits perfectly on the front of the filter. I can also add one of those rain socks if needed, not that it would rain here south of Seattle. Thanks again, this place is awesome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts