Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gonna put air horns on bike. Had the Rivco on my last bike but see there are some others out there now. Any recommendations out there? Thanks

·
Asylum Inmate
12,504 Posts
I run the Too Loud Too Bad unit DD1 from Klein Automotive.

Amazon I found the cheapest on it.

·
Just Ride
3,845 Posts
Got a Wolo bad boy max model 719 from eBay for $20. Brand new, missing mounting bolt. It's loud.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I like the stock horn on my bike. It's plenty loud. But I have a set of Rivco air horns from my last bike. I can't figure out where to mount the trumpets or the compressor so that it doesn't look like crap. I've considered using the stock horn mount but that still leaves the compressor. There is absolutely no extra space on a Deuce to mount stuff.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I like the stock horn on my bike. It's plenty loud. But I have a set of Rivco air horns from my last bike. I can't figure out where to mount the trumpets or the compressor so that it doesn't look like crap. I've considered using the stock horn mount but that still leaves the compressor. There is absolutely no extra space on a Deuce to mount stuff.
Yep, same problem with my Street Bob. I've had the compressor mounted in two different places, both of which looked like pure hell. I put the stock horn back until I can figure it out. I'm talking zero room anywhere.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went with the Rivco again. Can mount compressor under the seat between battery and gas tank. Post pics when I get it on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got them on. Pretty simple install and wiring. Was able to mount compressor in space between tank and seat in the frame. Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Auto part Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Auto part Motor vehicle

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just installed rivco on my 09 street bob an hour ago. I put the compressor between the fuse box and battery. Slid it in from behind the rear cylinder. Can't see it! Land vehicle Vehicle Engine Auto part Car Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just installed rivco on my 09 street bob an hour ago. I put the compressor between the fuse box and battery. Slid it in from behind the rear cylinder. Can't see it!

Now, why didn't I think of that? My Gorilla alarm is already in there, but if I pull out the battery case and get "artistic", I might be able to fit both. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just installed rivco on my 09 street bob an hour ago. I put the compressor between the fuse box and battery. Slid it in from behind the rear cylinder. Can't see it!

Now, why didn't I think of that? My Gorilla alarm is already in there, but if I pull out the battery case and get "artistic", I might be able to fit both. Thanks for the tip.

No prob! Also, I had the terminal end facing the cylinder, and had it more towards the top of the cavity. The connector for the air hose was kind of on top favoring the right side of the bike. I jiggled it a little and got it to sit back pretty far. I used one zip tie to fasten it to a cluster of wires.

·
CRSO
348 Posts
When I traded bikes last year (08 FLHT to a 14 FLHTK) I kept the Mini-Beast because it worked well and was LOUD.

Since I was blinging the bike with 'HD MoCo' collection items (derby cover, air cleaner insert, etc.) I found a gas cap insert for another model, filled it with JB Weld to give it a nice flat back, then drilled/tapped it, screwed it to the horn cover (as well as epoxying it just to be sure).

I was please with the results:

Motorcycle Auto part Vehicle Chopper Fuel tank

The wiring was simple as the relay is incorporated into the horn design; just attach the bike horn wires to the relay coil and run the heavy fused power wire to the battery...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Just Ride
3,845 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts