Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I plan on doing some exhaust work this weekend but I wanted to know some things. First, HD is offering $1,800 out the door on an exhaust system (VH) or Freedoms exhaust, plus an SE air intake, and calibration. Is this an outstanding deal? I know that it'll have significant improvements, but I could also go with slip-ons, SE air intake, and the calibration for $200 less. What is the difference in power you think, with the entire exhaust (without cat) and SE air intake, vs just slip-ons and air intake? Thoughts?

·
Señor Member
2,384 Posts
For $200.00 difference, I would go with the V&H exhaust.
Not only will you get a better performinng pipe, you will be getting rid of the cat also.:nod

·
Fat Guy on the Ultra
5,383 Posts
Dont think the power would increase all that much, but what you will get with no cat is a better sound, lil louder, and alot less heat coming off the pipes at your leg. Id say do the entire system.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Save the labor costs and install your own choices of intake, tuner, exhaust.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
A nice, true-dual exhaust will run about $1,000 (+/- $100), and you'll pay about $125-150 for the intake if you buy new and warranted through an authorized online retailer.

If you are getting an actual fuel controller, like a SERT, Power Commander or Power vision, along with a complete dyno run, $1,800 sounds like a decent price. The controller is about $300-500 bucks depending on what you buy. They have to get something for the installation labor and the dyno time.

But, if they are just installing the pipes and AC and flashing the "Stage 1" download to the ECM, you are getting hosed. I can install a complete exhaust and AC on a touring bike in about an hour, and I am not that good of a wrench. The ECM flash takes no time at all.

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,710 Posts
It's a good deal, let the shop do the setup and save yourself the headache.
True duals are always a better way to go.
Then when you cam it up a couple notches and flow the heads, you'll be set.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts