Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have put this on the wrong thread. so here it is I have a 2004 FLSTFI FAT BOY LO
I want to put on a K N air intake what should I do to make sure that it runs right after I install intake this is my first Harley its 88CI 5 speed trans do I need to do some adjustments are will the computer do this ARE THERE ANY pros and cons on this. :feedback:

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
The computer should take care of things with only an A\C replacement.

But HD sets the air\fuel mixture lean to begin with. To get the most from the new A\C, and help your bike run a little cooler a better programing is always a good idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you do I need to take it back to dealer.to get program done. what I want is a cone intake . I believe that the stock intake pulls in hot air from the heads. it seems to run better in the morning when its cooler.

·
Wayward Son
23,313 Posts
thank you do I need to take it back to dealer.to get program done. what I want is a cone intake . I believe that the stock intake pulls in hot air from the heads. it seems to run better in the morning when its cooler.
Any\all internal combustion engines run better on cooler air.

The Dealer can do it. Or tuners can be purchased. Some have canned\pre-written programs to flash the on board computer.
Others are set that you tell them what changes you have made and it can make the adjustments.
Of course these cost more. How it would compare to a Dealer doing it... :dunno

I still run a carbed bike so can`t give you all the in`s and out`s.
There is a plug and play device called Xieds.
But not sure if they are available for the 88`s.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'd definitely buy the tuner and learn to do it myself. You might think you don't want to take a chance on doing it wrong, but with a little study and common sense you can do it just was well, maybe better.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
i'd definitely buy the tuner and learn to do it myself. You might think you don't want to take a chance on doing it wrong, but with a little study and common sense you can do it just was well, maybe better.

+1 ?????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts