Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some assistance. I added the dirty air ride with fast up kit. I want to wire the pressure switch to only work when the ignition switch is on to prevent the system for turning on for some odd reason. I have a 2014 SG need some help on a quick and easy way to wire that pressure switch to have it only work when the ignition is on. Any suggestions/ pictures?

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
If you put it behind the acc switch. It will only work when you have the bike and the acc switch on. I don't have mine set up like that though. I like being able to air it up without the ignition on

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Mine too. I can air mine up whenever. Never had any issues with it going "nimbly bimbly " either.

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts

·
Retired citizen
23,355 Posts
I need some assistance. I added the dirty air ride with fast up kit. I want to wire the pressure switch to only work when the ignition switch is on to prevent the system for turning on for some odd reason. I have a 2014 SG need some help on a quick and easy way to wire that pressure switch to have it only work when the ignition is on. Any suggestions/ pictures?
Wire it to the cigarette lighter circuit. You'll need to remove the outer fairing to get to the back of the lighter. Then to the hdwr. store to pick up a spade adapter to plug onto the lighter connector. Orange wire is hot.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well with adding the fast up kit I know have a up valve and pressure switch that the air tank plus into. When you hit the up button it releases air out of the tank, but then the pressure switch activates the compressor to kick on. My concern is if I got a leak this would cause the compressor to kick on. I want to run that pressure switch to only work with ignition on. I should still be able to raise the bike 1-2 times just from the air in the tank. ImageUploadedByMO Free1423768921.428996.jpg

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Im just guessing and may be wrong because I don't have the fast up kit, but the compressor should only come on when the up switch is activated. I would think it shouldn't come on and pump up the shocks just because it loses pressure. Or does it just come on to refill the tank, and doesn't send any air to the shocks until you ask it to with the up switch.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Because of the fast up kit the switch no longer operates the compressor. The switch is wired to the up valve that releases air out of the tank and the dump valve. The air releases out of the tank which activates the pressure switch which makes the compressor kick on till the tank is full. What happens now if I have to remove the saddle bag and disconnect the air tank the compressor kicks on. I figured if I wire the pressure switch to ignition then it will provide that protection but should still allow me to operate the system when bike is off till the tank is empty.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
So the bottle goes.....in the saddlebag?

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
That's why I did t go for the fast up kit. I didn't want anything in my bags so they'll be easy to take off and cleaning everything will be easy.

The few people around here who have the air tank have it mounted in the bags.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To be honest if I wire the pressure switch into the ignition the bag will pop off with no issues. Just right now soon as you shut the tank down and disconnect the hose the compressor kicks on and have to hurry up to plug everything back in. The system is sweet I like having the ability to raise bike in 1 second and it will do it while sitting on it. I am not a huge fan of the tank in the bag but I can live with it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well got it all wired up. I connected the pressure switch to acc plug under the seat. I can still lift and drop the bike with bike off till the air tank is empty.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Too bad you have to wait to ride it.

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
You could also wire a switch inline if for some reason you wanted to turn the bike on and not have the compressor run , there a little pricey for what they are but you can get the auxiliary power switches p/n 71400105 .

·
09 Dyna Super Glide
1,691 Posts
My 2009 Super Glide came from the factory with a connector under the seat, capped off with a weatherproof cap, that has four conductors that are on only when the ignition switch is on. Harley sells a pigtail that allows you to connect to various accessories. Or you can just cut the connector off and splice into each the conductors directly.

Check your service manual. I found a site online that had some pictures. Unfortunately I could not find the link.

Pete

1 - 18 of 18 Posts