Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 ultra, mag wheels, is there a better tire chuck to use for airing up tires? always hard to get at the stem on this ride! anyone have any tips or tricks on this?? thx russ

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Some like to use the little extension hose available from Harley. I usually just take the extra 30 seconds it takes to remove the right saddlebag, then it's much easier. Especially if you've got it on your jack when you're washing it. With alloy wheels, if you're losing pressure in less than 2 weeks during riding season, you probably have a problem you need to track down.

--

·
Registered
11,056 Posts
I use the extension hose already mentioned. I think I paid $9.95 for it at a HD dealer. I can slide my Sears yellow jack under my Road Glide and get the rear wheel a bit off the ground a lot faster than I can take off a saddlebag and then I can turn the wheel and get the valve stem to about the 7:00 position and I don't even have to see the valve stem to reach up and screw the extension hose on. And I have found that when unscrewing the extension hose to take it off I lose a 1/2 lb. so I compensate by adding 1/2 lb. more air than I really want. Works good for me and I am no longer considering adding 90* valve stems when I need a tire.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Cherne is a company that makes inflatable test balls...anyway they have a five foot air hose with a dial gauge on it ....so you can fill your tires and watch the air pressure at the same time...when I don't use that I made a air chuck with two 45' degree angles, looks like a hook somewhat and easily fills tires by pulling down on it and not getting killed by the rotor ....

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
So with those 90 degree valve stems, are they heavier and require additional balancing weight?
I can hit my rear valve stem but the hard part is finding it. I sit on the bike and roll it and use an extension mirror to see when the valve is BDC (bottom dead center). It's a bit of a pain in the a$$ getting down on the ground to air up still, unless I use the lift. I'm waiting to be able to blue tooth air to my tires.

·
Registered
219 Posts
So with those 90 degree valve stems, are they heavier and require additional balancing weight?
I can hit my rear valve stem but the hard part is finding it. I sit on the bike and roll it and use an extension mirror to see when the valve is BDC (bottom dead center). It's a bit of a pain in the a$$ getting down on the ground to air up still, unless I use the lift. I'm waiting to be able to blue tooth air to my tires.
Please let me know when you get the Bluetooth working.

af

1 - 11 of 11 Posts