Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 758 Posts

·
Registered
38,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a Fly-In airshow this past weekend. I went on Sunday and many of the planes had already left, but I did manage to get a few shots.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'm diggin the P51 Mustang in the last set of pics. That was one of the first model planes I ever built. I even had a fly by wire version that was gas powered. Only fly it a few times... Durn thing fly WFO and it made me super dizzy!

·
Registered
38,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm diggin the P51 Mustang in the last set of pics. That was one of the first model planes I ever built. I even had a fly by wire version that was gas powered. Only fly it a few times... Durn thing fly WFO and it made me super dizzy!
Yeah, I think the top photo of the exhaust stacks turned out the best out of the airplane photos I took. :nod

To me, that is one of the signature items of the P-51's and their Rolls Royce Merlin engines.
Although I heard that this one did not have the Merlin installed.

·
Thunder Down Under
1,584 Posts
Cool photos...my second love is for flying...just luv the old warbirds.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
I love seeing those old planes reminds of my Dad and when we lived near the Navel base he flew out of in Fl. I think the B 24 and the PBY5A (not shown) where his favorites.

Thanks for the pix Kainam

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
:thumb...very cool, i love the old warbirds. Your pretty good with that camera Brian.

·
Mr. MojoRisen
1,241 Posts
Can anyone identify this one?
HINT: Largest aircraft to ever operate off a carrier.
Great pictures Kainam. Is the first plane in post #2 a B-25?

Attachments

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Nice pics! I have some from a show here in Bryan a while back that I'll post. Gotta find them first. Love the oldies.

1 - 20 of 758 Posts