Harley Davidson Forums banner

721 - 740 of 765 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
The pic I posted this morning shows it partially disassembled on a maintenance trailer. Here, the same components are installed:

·
Registered
904 Posts
It looks like a brake caliper and rotor
WINNER, WINNER!
The first pic is with the rotor brake disc removed, showing new brake pistons on the Main Rotor Gear Box (transmission).
The 2nd pic is shown with a new brake rotor and the transmission is installed in the Huey.
Good call Candyman, good call.

·
Registered
22,132 Posts
WINNER, WINNER!
The first pic is with the rotor brake disc removed, showing new brake pistons on the Main Rotor Gear Box (transmission).
The 2nd pic is shown with a new brake rotor and the transmission is installed in the Huey.
Good call Candyman, good call.
I worked on Chinooks , they had brakes on the wheels , not the transmissions.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I worked on Chinooks , they had brakes on the wheels , not the transmissions.
Yep, Hueys are some strange ducks! Imho Bell engineers are afraid to talk to any other Aviation engineers..they have there own way of doing everything! Nothing is by standard Aviation practices.
The rotor brake was an extreme requirement on the 2 blade though. A 2 blade cobra has the longest blades used on any helicopter. Without a rotor brake, it could easily topple over during wind down..Yet Bell kept the system on the 4 blade????

·
ACE
287 Posts
Awesome video of the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds.. Really like the Blue Angels take off routine!! Did any one else notice all 6 Blue Angels were over NY and then over Philly they had the #7 jet in the #2 slot... any one hear what the deal was with that if Mechanical or just other pilot getting time to be current?? just my observations.. The Sounds Of FREEDOM!!!!

·
Registered
38,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #734
I'd like to have a print of that pic they used for the thumbnail for that video.
This is the first time I've ever heard of the 2 teams flying together.

·
Registered
38,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #737
Baltimore got fucked! Only 15 minutes! 😆

721 - 740 of 765 Posts