Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
This place is still open.

a14be28e1a3f.jpg

In 1937 Claude Sparks opened a little white diner at 2442 1/2 Broadway in downtown Kansas City and began selling hamburgers for 5 cents each. 75 years later Town Topic Hamburgers has established itself as an iconic piece of Kansas City history. Come in and experience the great food and atmosphere that is the same today as it was back then at this authentic American diner.

Our location that is Open 24 hours-7 days a week is in Downtown Kansas City in the Crossroads Arts District at 20th & Broadway.

You can also visit our other two locations for breakfast and lunch.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, you can keep your fancy schmancy Escargot, Chicken Alfredo or whatever the mucky mucks eat. Nothing tops a good old-fashioned artery hardening, cholesterol inducing burger and fries, or hot dog for that matter. I've got friends from overseas and that's one of the things they look forward to on their trips here.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Val's Hamburgers in Saint Cloud, Minnesota (this is the city I teach in). Great burgers and cool atmosphere!

·
Registered
649 Posts
Can't forget The Nook in Saint Paul, Minnesota and their Jucy Lucy Burgers (I think Matt's Bar in Minneapolis actually invented the Jucy Lucy).

The Nook was featured twice on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Can't forget The Nook in Saint Paul, Minnesota and their Jucy Lucy Burgers (I think Matt's Bar in Minneapolis actually invented the Jucy Lucy).

The Nook was featured twice on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.

·
Try'n to behave
5,526 Posts

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
Im gonna have to try this place out.

Hell Smitty, I didnt know you had a burger joint!

·
Registered
615 Posts
We had the Bonnie Dunes DriveIn. There were 5 scattered around town. Made their own ice cream!

Specialty burger was the Bonnie Burger. Sort of like a Big Mac but more home made in character.

I would get a Bonnie Burger with fries and a ChocoMint shake. Heaven in your hands.

I should try to find a picture.

·
Registered
615 Posts
OK so between auto correct and old age, I got a couple of errors in that last post.

This should correct them -

·
Registered
37,206 Posts
D's Diner in Sebastopol CA, of the Les Claypool song of the same name.

·
Registered
649 Posts
The Nook

·
Registered
649 Posts
Another Great Place - The Peppermint Twist in Delano, Minnesota. My wife and I always stop here on our way to Crow River Harley-Davidson in Delano. Great burgers and super great sauteed onions on the burger!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts