Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was getting the bike ready for winter storage and started detailing the bike with Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0. Pretty amazing stuff in that bottle... :thumb I $hit you not, it took all the fine scratches out to a showroom finish. I was amazed to say the least! I probably could have stopped there but I finished the bike with Harley's Glaze Polish and Sealant and now she's all ready for her long winter hibernation.

Attachments

·
Registered
39,451 Posts
Need to pull the bike into the living room, so you can admire the detailing job all winter! :D

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
I knew a guy who actually did that back in 1970.

·
Registered
39,451 Posts
I know a guy that did that last year. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
I swear by Meguiar's ever since I used it on my truck (a 1997). I used the Scratch-X and followed it up with a couple of coats of Meguiar's carnuba wax, and the friggin' thing will blind you in direct sunlight. Not bad for seventeen-year-old paint. I also lost about five pounds doing it all by hand. Bike's next.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Meguiers is good stuff ,guy down the road parks his softail deluxe in his living room in front of picture window, looks good.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,328 Posts
LOL, and I bet you knew him pretty well JP!

:biker:
Naw . . . wasn't me. But I would do it if I could get it up the stairs and through the hard rt turn. :)

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
thats whats nice about denim paint - i dont have to worry about waxing anything but the chrome

·
Registered
319 Posts
My son and I did that with his new KTM dirt bike when my wife was at work ..... Then we removed it when it hit the fan when she came home !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts