Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone attend? I did and loved it. I never saw so many Harleys in one spot. The setting of Lake George was great! I'm going back next year.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
One of these years I'm going to head to the NE on two wheels and try to time it so Americade and Laconia can be a part of the trip. Nice to hear your ringing endorsement of the Lake George event!

·
Scooter Degenerate
33 Posts
One of these years I'm going to head to the NE on two wheels and try to time it so Americade and Laconia can be a part of the trip. Nice to hear your ringing endorsement of the Lake George event!
And i will...of course... be expecting a visit.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm going up again this year again. It's really is beautiful up there. Staying in Lake Placid for a couple of nights this time around.

Anyone else going?

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take some pics Ed. Still planning on going one of these days.
I will Steve.

I'm almost ready for the morning. Windsheilds on, Saddle bags on (for the first time) T-bag locked and loaded. Wish me luck.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Lil, even though I dont have a shiny side. Lol.

Here's a video of downtown.

Even though there is an x it should still work. Then click on Americade 2008.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ready to rock and roll

Stayed one night at the Landmark motor inn. Great motorcycle friendly place with a bike wask station and an owner who doesnt mind letting you park under the overhang.

Checked out the vendors the next day

This guy works hard sewing on patches.

All kind of rides up here

Be careful the Man is watching you

Cruised up to Lake Placid later that day

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stayed at the Wildwood on the Lake with a french door out to the very shore of Lake Placid. Awesome!

Made a run to the top of White Face mountain on some very nice roads

This is a hazy view of Lake Placid

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Real nice roads

Thanks to the hospitality of friends of friends, I stayed in this gents house in Ballston Spa.

And another night at Lake Scroon

My baby

The End

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
About six hours or so with a group of four. Met up with four more and then back home there was two of us. A great time was had by all!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you do the smaller routes or the thruway?
We took the Taconic State Parkway to route 90 to the thruway to make time. Then of course we cruised all the smaller ones once up in the region.
New York truly is beautiful!

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Ed... Excellent! Great scenic images and appreciated the Americade ride through with all the bikes on the side. Will make it one of these days. Was the recording with the VHOLDR? If so, how was it mounted and what do you think after now having it for a few months... +'s, -'s. Looks like it has a lot of potential.

Steve

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lil,

The Taconic is very scenic indeed! The only problem is there are sideroad intersections with people waiting to dart across. They have closed some down but more then enough remain. It's still worth taking though.

Thanks Steve,

That is the first video I shot through the windsheild and yes its the VholdR mounted with a handlebar RAM mount.
Overall I like it for it's portability and decent quality video.

Two minuses. One is it has an auto shut off if the unit is powered up but not recording. That makes it difficult to restart while riding. If wired in to the bike that may not be an issue and second is while on an extended trip it is hard to store the video to make room for more. I'm looking into portable digital media storage devices (no room for a laptop)

Say tuned for the ride to Whiteface video.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts