1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,348 Posts
Never heard of it...what's it for?

·
Registered
38,864 Posts
They need to know what time it would be safe for them to break into your home.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,348 Posts
I wonder if we'd have a leg to stand on claiming a violation of the 4th Amendment rights to privacy. This sort of intrusion certainly seems to fit that.

·
Registered
38,864 Posts
Read the comments on that website.

Looks like they will try to harass you 3 or 4 times on the phone and in person, and finally give up.

One guy told them in response to their questions that he had 50 cars, paid $1M in taxes... they asked him if he was going to answer all the questions that way, he said "yup" and they hung up on him. :D

I'm not advocating lying, but "my answers may have been in error" seems to ring a bell.

It works for congress right?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say it is a huge invasion of privacy. I thought the,"what time do you leave for work", was way over the line though. It did let me leave that one and a few others I didn't want to answer blank. Now we see if a man knocks on the door and says,"I'm from the government and here to help."

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Mama taught me not to lie, but i guess i could make an execption in this case.........I'll tell'um i drive a prieus, and use solar panels on my house......then the gubermint will love me....:laugh

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,348 Posts
Mama taught me not to lie, but i guess i could make an execption in this case.........I'll tell'um i drive a prieus, and use solar panels on my house......then the gubermint will love me....:laugh
But then, you'd almost have to tell them you voted for OBoy. I know they won't believe that!!!:rollin

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
I got it, I threw it away, I've received no calls about it.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
But then, you'd almost have to tell them you voted for OBoy. I know they won't believe that!!!:rollin
You did'nt just say that......:bigbarf

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,348 Posts
You did'nt just say that......:bigbarf
Sometimes it's just hard not to send a zinger....and believe me, brother, I KNOW it just would never happen. I could never see you in a Prius anyway!!!

·
Noel
8,446 Posts
Any type of US Government form used to collect data from citizens MUST have an OMB number!!!!

For example, the income tax form 1040 is {OMB No. 1545-0074} printed on the top or bottom margin http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

If it's a scam this critical number may be missing

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,348 Posts
Any type of US Government form used to collect data from citizens MUST have an OMB number!!!!

For example, the income tax form 1040 is {OMB No. 1545-0074} printed on the top or bottom margin http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

If it's a scam this critical number may be missing
Good to know. Will definitely look for that if I get one of these. Answers that would have otherwise been provided would have been of dubious quality, I am sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts