Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AMA protects your right to ride. We fight bike bans, land closures, health-care discrimination against motorcyclists, and more. Plus, the AMA is committed to providing the best benefits possible for its members to save them time and money. We are also dedicated to amateur racing, providing amateur competitors and their families, friends and fans with exciting and enjoyable racing events that create lifelong memories. We also publish American Motorcyclist magazine, which focuses on the accomplishments of our members in all forms of riding, whether it's racing, cross-country touring or trail riding. The AMA is dedicated to all these things, and more. After all, we love to ride.

www.AmericanMotorcyclist.com

·
Registered
89 Posts
The AMA protects your right to ride. We fight bike bans, land closures, health-care discrimination against motorcyclists, and more. Plus, the AMA is committed to providing the best benefits possible for its members to save them time and money. We are also dedicated to amateur racing, providing amateur competitors and their families, friends and fans with exciting and enjoyable racing events that create lifelong memories. We also publish American Motorcyclist magazine, which focuses on the accomplishments of our members in all forms of riding, whether it's racing, cross-country touring or trail riding. The AMA is dedicated to all these things, and more. After all, we love to ride.

Thanks, AMA, for all you do. ALL riders should belong. Motorcycling needs a voice and the only thing pols understand is numbers. Besides, the magazine is worth the cost of the dues.
Bob

·
Registered
97 Posts
Economic Stimulus Package

I received an emailed News Letter from my dealer today. It seams there are provisions for "Special Advantages" for people buying cars and light duty trucks included in the stimulus package.

The dealer requests anyone interested to copy an enclosed form letter requesting Motorcycles be added to the "Special Advantages".

The letter is to be printed out, signed and sent to five legislators involved in passing the stimulus bill.

Do you think this is a good idea?
Would you like a copy of the letter so you can participate?
If so, let me know and I can send you a copy. This may be just a ploy by the dealer, but if someone interested in buying a new bike could save some bucks, it may be worth it.
Mustang Marvin

·
Registered
157 Posts
Not a scam....

I received an emailed News Letter from my dealer today. It seams there are provisions for "Special Advantages" for people buying cars and light duty trucks included in the stimulus package.

The dealer requests anyone interested to copy an enclosed form letter requesting Motorcycles be added to the "Special Advantages".

The letter is to be printed out, signed and sent to five legislators involved in passing the stimulus bill.

Do you think this is a good idea?
Would you like a copy of the letter so you can participate?
If so, let me know and I can send you a copy. This may be just a ploy by the dealer, but if someone interested in buying a new bike could save some bucks, it may be worth it.
Mustang Marvin
Marvin,
It's not a scam...I just found it listed on the AMA website. Here is the link:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/news/story.asp?id=740

Thanks for the heads up on this (although my '09 'King is not included because I bought it before Feb 17...why they didn't begin it from Jan 01 I'll never know...THE BASTARDS!).
Thanks anyway,
JD

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

hawg dawg ,i`m a life member of the ama and former motocross racer ,open a class,senior a class #37 district 7.racing has provided me with a life long of memories as well as good friends made from a family oriented sport like no other!!!! ama#262299:thumb

·
Registered
503 Posts
Origin China
Model Number M1-250-05
Displacement 250cc
Engine Type 4-Stroke
Transmission System Chain Drive
Type Chopper

Vehicle Type: V250
Engine Type: V-Twin cylinder
Transmission System: Shaft driving
Bore x Stroke (mm); 49*66
Piston Displacement: (cc) 248.9
Compression Ratio: 10: 01
Maximum Power (kw/r/min) 12kw/8400r/min
Maximum Torque (N. M. /rpm) 17.5N. M/6000r
Starter System electric start
Lubrication: SAE15W/40-SF
Overall Length (mm) 2500
Overall Width (mm) 1220
Overall Hight (mm) 1080
Wheel Base (mm) 2200
Rear Track (mm) 970
Min. Turning Radius (m) 6.5
Ground Clearance (mm) 14.5

Rider Capacity 2
Brake (Front/Rear) Disc brake
Tyre, Front: 110/90-16
Tyre, Rear: 195/155 R15
Ignition Type CDI
Engine Oil Capacity (L) 1.7
Climb Capacity(0c ) 45
Front Suspension reverse suspension
Rear Suspension spring
Max. Speed (km/h) 90
Battery: 12V/14A
Cooling system: Cooling
Carburetor: Mikuni/BDS26
Clutch wet multi-plate
Low gear ratio 0.821
Hight gear ratio 2.642
EPA
DOT
Loading (20HQ): 8 PCS; (40HQ): 27 PCS
Packing size 2255*1255*785
welcome to www, google2008 com
I hate to eat it and I hate to read it. friigin spam balcg.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I too am a life member, haven't paid dues for few years now. Also, just a reminder, Bikebandit gives a hell of a discount to AMA members. Not too many Harley parts, but other stuff. Hope I haven't broken some rule by mentioning them! I'm certainly not hooked up with them.:)

·
Registered
23 Posts
i thought of loining that,but evertime i try to get hold of them i never hear back from them so i kind of wondered about them..:loco:loco

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
i thought of loining that,but evertime i try to get hold of them i never hear back from them so i kind of wondered about them..:loco:loco
just go on the website to join, hell the roadside alone makes it a no brainer

·
Registered
23 Posts
No brainer???????? If they can't call back or send an e mail how do I know they will even be there if needed....Go figure that one...:loco:loco:loco

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
I was recently in Columbus, Ohio to visit my son and daughter in-law and stumbled across the AMA Hall of Fame and Museum. It was quite a place and had many fine examples of vintage motorcycles not to mention lot's of Harleys! I filled my camera with shots that I will post at some time in the future. If you ever happen to be in Columbus and visit the museum, they will let you in free with the purchase of an AMA membership or they will discount if already a member. HOG members get $1.00 off entry.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I joined in 1967,so I could race my dirtbike in enduros(a1942 WLA) I'm still a life member and still ridin'.:thumbsup

·
Go Army!
632 Posts
Just joined! Even if I never use the services just knowing that someone is advocating on our behalf is well worth the $59.00 annual fee... :thumb

·
Registered
665 Posts
I joined a long time ago because I believe in what they do. After so many years of renewing my membership, they made me a Life Member.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts