1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Haven't seen it in a long time. Glad it's back

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
He's pretty cool. Kinda odd that it's on a Mormon Church-owned broadcast station.

·
Registered
123 Posts
He must be a huge guy. He makes his bike look small.
He's a big guy. They interviewed him once on FOX news and he dwarfed the people around him

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
This looks awesome! I'm working nights this weekend, should be slow on the holiday weekend so I'll watch them all.

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts

·
Registered
43,154 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
He did a really neat episode about Gettysburg. Very interesting. Lots of facts I and not heard of before... Seems like he is hard core rider too, Not just some guy they dressed up and stuck on a bike..

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I had never heard of the show until I saw your post. Like was said earlier, I didnt care much about it in school, but I absolutely cant get enough when it comes to history now. I have watched at least a dozen of theses now and have a handful more recorded.

I dont know why but this format makes it easier to understand what was going on in the various parts of the country during that time period. I have learned alot

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
I've got 16 episodes taped and have watch about 8. He's covering the history of America from the 13 colonies on to Daniel Boone then wild west, Texas and pacific coast.

He covered the Louisiana Purchase, Lewis & Clark. The development of the south (Carolinas, Ga etc) as well as old and new Florida.

Civil war Booth & Lincoln; the generals on both sides etc

Leads up to WWII and post war

He provides a lot of facts that I didn't know about and makes it all interesting. And yes, he sure makes that softail look small. Gruff speaking voice with the vocabulary of a college professor. AND it doesn't look like he's reading a teleprompter.

The re-reruns go back to 2012

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
well I'm finding them absolutely fascinating...

a couple of things that have stuck with me....... The retiring President Washington's warnings.... "Be ware of the Two Party System" Washington was not in favor of a duel party system.....
One other and most meaningful sentiment i got... As we were "designing" what our government would look like, one of the things we stood our ground on was that "We The People" had already been oppressed by government and we didnt want to give up our freedoms and rights to a new one. We were very careful with the negotiations to maintain the fact that the government works for the people and not the other way around. The People were to maintain control of their governments. We were very leery to join or engage with any governments that would take away rights.....

Now today, we see that governments have ever so slowley stripped away the rights of The People to the point where guberment tells us what to do rather than the other way around.........

BTW, thanks for posting and leading this horse.......

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Obama hasn't seen the one about Washington

1 - 20 of 29 Posts