Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to know?what brake pads are you using and where did you buy them?the tour pack speakers what are you using,are they direct fit, did you use the supplied grill are the OEM grill I would like to use the thinner OEM grill and what are you using the acc switch for and where is the end of the wire at.These LED highway spot lights I got has halo rings in them I would like to have a switch to operate them I will need to dismantle the highway light to run a single wire.
Oh!one last thing what speakers in fairing you using,what maximum depth of the speaker can can be use and fairing will bolt back up.I need a buddy ?I can call or you can call me?too about these harley 's I have ??? Sinse I'll do most of the work PM me if interested thanks

·
Registered
839 Posts
I replaced my brake pads with O.E.M. pads from Harley-Davidson.

·
Hard Member
3,232 Posts
What year bike?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
I use EBC brake pads. Any Independent bike shop can get them. You can fit up to 6.5” speakers in both front and rear housings with adapters. I prefer Soundz Customs for speakers. But speakers are like “which oil do you prefer.” The ACC switch runs to a connector under the seat, but I’m sure you could intercept it in the fairing before it goes back under the tank. Or you could buy ACC adapter from Harley that will plug into connector under seat and run wires back up the the front for the Halos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Any one having luck with fairing mount antenas or if you'er using 2 of them with better results ?i got a amplified one and it sucks.

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
I had a hidden antenna in the fairing that did not perform well. I bought a "Y" connector and hooked up the whip antenna for trips. The two didn't seem to work well together, so I went with only one short antenna on the tour pack. Still not great, but I listen to MP3 music anyhow.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I replaced my '14 Ultra brake pads with OEM, Never had an issue. I replaced my 4 speakers with JM Rockers, no amp added, stock 6.5 Boom radio and am very happy vs the OEM junk, I have in fairing antenna for both radio (Harley part) and CB (after market) neither is very good. I don't listen to FM and the CB works fine with people I'm riding with but not much farther than that. My Tour Pak is removable, LOVE that, so I wanted in fairing.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I tried EBC pads years ago. Worked fine but for some reason we're a little noisy but not a big deal. Not a racer or hot dogger so really didn't notice a difference performance wise. Decided to go back to OEM simply because I can go to the dealer and get a set right now vs ordering over Internet and getting them in a few days. Price difference was negligible.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've been using EBC brake pads for a long time. Nothing special about them...I apply the brake, the bike stops. I've never had a problem with them except for the time that Amazon sent the wrong ones (in Amazon's defense, the package was marked wrong by the manufacturer).

·
Registered
32 Posts
How many keys come with a 09 ultra when new.I called HD to see about getting a extra key made ,need to bring proof of ownership ,$30.00 for two keys and take a week to get them WTH i went to a locksmith cost $6.00 for 1 key took 5 mins and it works.

·
Registered
921 Posts
How many keys come with a 09 ultra when new.I called HD to see about getting a extra key made ,need to bring proof of ownership ,$30.00 for two keys and take a week to get them WTH i went to a locksmith cost $6.00 for 1 key took 5 mins and it works.
The dealerships don't make keys. They are ordered from the factory via the VIN. The proof of ownership is to help protect us all..This is not a dealerships policy, It is MoCo's policy. I think the $30 tag is for the plastic HD logo that's on the key sleeve! :p 2 keys come with the bike..They get lost like socks in a dryer...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had to back track twice while riding because i lost the key.... both times i found it from unlocking the saddle bag being distracted the first time it slid out my hoody pocket . i need to get a long chain on belt loop to key. I do appreciate them protecting us HD owners.

·
Registered
32 Posts
anybody have all LED's on there bikes, did you hyper flash with hazards and turn signals?do they make a flasher for this like for the cars it's a LED flasher.

·
Registered
921 Posts
anybody have all LED's on there bikes, did you hyper flash with hazards and turn signals?do they make a flasher for this like for the cars it's a LED flasher.
I run the Custom Dynamics Pro's, They make a number of different controllers (if you want custom flash patterns). I changed out my front turn bulbs from stock to CD pro's and installed Pro Fillerz on the back. On my bike, i just had to run the hazards for 4 or 5 minutes to (let the BCM learn the resistance change) per the instructions that came with the LED's. Just enter your year, make, model on the customdynamics.com web site to get the latest info. My local H.D dealership carries Custom Dynamics.(at the same price as the website) That's where i got mine. IMO they are a fantastic product!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts