Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hat is off to them for following their hearts, I wish them complete and utter success. If more in the industry, in unfriendly states can do the same, the tide may change. This is voting with your feet.

PTR Industries to Leave Connecticut by Year End

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
yep, if i owned a gun manufactureing co. i would move to a gun friendly state faster than you could say git-r-did..

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts
There is no question that less gov equals more prosperity. Voters don't seem to get it.

·
Señor Member
19,666 Posts

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,345 Posts
I guess it will all be Bush's fault when those people currently employed are left unemployed when the company(s) move out.

·
Pork Jockey
7,416 Posts
Wow! Not at all surprised.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,092 Posts
I guess it will all be Bush's fault when those people currently employed are left unemployed when the company(s) move out.
Bristol-based PTR said in a statement posted on its website that it has not decided where it will move, but has commitments from most employees to relocate

John McNamara, vice president of sales, said PTR Industries has 42 employees. "Indirectly, we employ 15 to 20 local vendors at any given time who have up to 15 to 30 employees each," he told CNN.

PTR Industries called on other gunmakers to leave Connecticut and "show our politicians the true consequences of their hasty and uninformed actions."

Don't just take the jobs out of butt-hole states, take the employees and the tax base too.

I'll bet Texas wouldn't have to worry about these employees diluting the Red State vote.

·
Banned
19,464 Posts
You can't fix stupid.....

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,345 Posts
Too bad for the most part these company moves will not be receiving the kind of publicity they ought to get. It might be reported as corporate moves in business publications, but you can bet the lamestream media will NOT give credibility to the reasons these moves are going to occur. And that's too bad because the people need to see and hear loud and clear the consequences of stupid political BS that is occurring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts