Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about the Andrew's 48H and someone recommended the TMan 555 Torqster cam over the 48H.
Anybody offer insight in the difference between these in my will be setup
2010 SG 96" Supertrapp supermeg 2 into 1, SE air cleaner and power vision map.

Jordan

·
Registered
739 Posts
the 555 tman has a later intake closing, slightly more lift, more duration and more overlap vs the andrews 48

the tman is amore solid low and midrange cam where the 48 is a more low end cam, this is not to say the 48 will produce more torque than the 555, but the 48 cam will come on sooner...however on the street in usable rpm ranges i would choose the 555 over the 48

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 555 tman has a later intake closing, slightly more lift, more duration and more overlap vs the andrews 48

the tman is amore solid low and midrange cam where the 48 is a more low end cam, this is not to say the 48 will produce more torque than the 555, but the 48 cam will come on sooner...however on the street in usable rpm ranges i would choose the 555 over the 48
Is this comment for the Tman 555 Torqster cam or the Tman 555?

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny after all my reading etc.. I see tons of the SE 255 for cheap but worry about all the comments about hard starts etc...
I have the SE compensator but dunno if the hard start thing is really as big an issue as some have said. Compression calculator says CCC of 182.2 with stock gasket and 670 altitude

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
If looking for more on the bottom-mid, of those 2, the 48 wins hands down.
One cam that is widely overlooked for that application, is the S&S MR103.
Jumps up on the torque quickly, and carrys it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If looking for more on the bottom-mid, of those 2, the 48 wins hands down.
One cam that is widely overlooked for that application, is the S&S MR103.
Jumps up on the torque quickly, and carrys it.
Interesting, will look at that one as well. I actually called S&S on a recommendation of the 551 and was told the 510 is the one I should use..
How does the MR103 compare to those?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts