Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen a thread or any mention of an annual gathering of forum members. Is there any interest in one?

A forum that I was a member of before it closed up shop held a gathering last year in northwest AR (Eureka Springs) and had quite a few people show up. Its kinda cool to match people's faces and names and to see who you've been communicating with.

Anyway, I'm a new guy here and don't mean to step into anything here but was just interested if this is a topic that had ever been discussed.

·
Mod Extraordinaire
1,980 Posts
The V-Rod Forum had their 2nd or 3rd annual Rally in Kansas City this year. I've not been able to make them - hopefully 2007. It's quite an event!

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,743 Posts
I've been to two of the meetings (gatherings) from other forums and had a great time. As Tom said, it's great to put faces to names, and it's also a great way to build and cement some good friendships.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe a moderator or sage old member will chime in on this. In the past I've seen polls started to choose if there will be a gathering and if so where and when. I don't see any poll tools here or maybe I'm just too stupid to find them (highly likely). :eek:

So, what say all you senior members? Should we try for a gathering in '07 or is this a little late to actually begin the planning?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'll get with Max and check the pulse on this. I'm not sure if there was a plan to combine the HD-Forum with the 1130cc Forum (formerly V-Rod Forums - long story) and have the "homecoming" in Kansas City or not.

As soon as I have the info I'll let ya'll know :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
I attended the 2006 (f.k.a.)VRF Homecoming Rally in Kansas City, and realized that by reading amd making few post every now and then does no justice to the individuals that I've met at the rally! I'm sure the same would be true with this forum. I think a gathering of some sort would be an excellent idea! I don't know how well recieved a "blending" for the 2006 rally would go over, but I do know that if there was a meeting planned for both forums from the start, it would probably go over huge! I'll be keeping my eyes open for this, Fo Sho!

·
Bat Juice Consultant
65 Posts
Nobody ever wants to come riding in the Midwest. We have great roads, Forest Preserves and friendly people. How about Chicago area somewhere??

·
2007 Ultra Classic
1,285 Posts
Nobody ever wants to come riding in the Midwest. We have great roads, Forest Preserves and friendly people. How about Chicago area somewhere??
Is there any country side there or is it all paved over and has houses built on it by now?

And us cheap bastiges need an inexpensive place to stay.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Back when this place turned on the lights late October I suggested a gathering or rally at some place. Even suggested hosting it in Colorado, but it could be anywhere convenient to most. At the time I noted seeing how the site developed before pursuing or making firm plans. If there's interest, see nothing getting in the way of making something happen. It is up to us!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts