Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, getting all the parts together for my cam upgrade... the ONE thing I'm sure on, is I would like to be able to use the Roland Sands Clarity cam cover:

Clarity Cam Cover - Coverline - Roland Sands Design

I think that on my 03 with the silver and black paint, it would kick ass.

so...I've got 2 choices and two questions

as I'm going to be going to the hydraulic plate upgrade with the Zipper's tensioners, I can either use the Feuling plate (in silver), or the MoCo plate in orange, which comes with the oil pump upgrade I want.

I don't want orange on a black and silver bike, so can I somehow strip off the anodizing and get it down to the bare silver billet??

if I go with the (already silver billet) Feuling plate, can I use a Screaming Eagle oil pump?? or does it have to be the Feuling one?? I would rather pay the MoCo $140 than $400 for the Feuling one

·
Banned
71 Posts
so, getting all the parts together for my cam upgrade... the ONE thing I'm sure on, is I would like to be able to use the Roland Sands Clarity cam cover:

Clarity Cam Cover - Coverline - Roland Sands Design

I think that on my 03 with the silver and black paint, it would kick ass.

so...I've got 2 choices and two questions

as I'm going to be going to the hydraulic plate upgrade with the Zipper's tensioners, I can either use the Feuling plate (in silver), or the MoCo plate in orange, which comes with the oil pump upgrade I want.

I don't want orange on a black and silver bike, so can I somehow strip off the anodizing and get it down to the bare silver billet??

if I go with the (already silver billet) Feuling plate, can I use a Screaming Eagle oil pump?? or does it have to be the Feuling one?? I would rather pay the MoCo $140 than $400 for the Feuling one
Only the one question ..............why ?????? :what? :what? The plate is inside the cam chest where it can't be looked at anyway. :spank:

:biker:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look at the video in the link. the clarity line has "windows" that let ya see into the engine

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's kinda why they call it the "Clarity" line

·
Banned
71 Posts
look at the video in the link. the clarity line has "windows" that let ya see into the engine
that's kinda why they call it the "Clarity" line
The Anodizing is harder than the base metal to start with, so keep the Anodizing . If it bothers you that much, paint it whatever color you like..use hi-temp paint .

A "window" in a camchest cover..... Whats next...a "window" in a head cover ?? :biker:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you think it could be powder coated? THAT would open up a boatload of ideas

·
Registered
168 Posts
Jewlers rouge on a grinder buffing wheel could probably eat the anodizing and make it shine really nicely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
easy-off oven takes it off. on my hot rod I used it on the motor and it got on my fuel fittings etc and took the blue and red anodizing right off

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good to know....still trying to figure out the oil pump difference. anyone know if I can mate the 2 different ones?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts