Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
2017 road king special
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 road king special with Vance and Hines power duals and Vance and Hines destroyer 450鈥檚 mufflers. I took out the muffler packing in search of more more noise 馃檪. I then removed the baffles all together. My question is has anyone replaced the perforated baffle for a regular piece of exhaust pipe? (Attached pic). Just cut the tack wells and re-weld the pipe in place of the baffles and re Insert?
Musical instrument Audio equipment Gas Electronic instrument Art

Registered
What about just wrapping and tack welding what you have with sheetmetal or thin stainless so if you don't like the sound you can take it back off again? And I'm not sure how much you can mess with all that before you need an updated tune.

Registered
2017 road king special
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about just wrapping and tack welding what you have with sheetmetal or thin stainless so if you don't like the sound you can take it back off again? And I'm not sure how much you can mess with all that before you need an updated tune.
So I actually did wrap them in that aluminum duct tape metal tape. It didn鈥檛 last long but did what you鈥檙e talking about. And it鈥檚 just as easy to throw some 2.5鈥 pipe in place of these than it would be to try and find something to wrap them in that would hold up and not rattle around or come loose

Registered
07 Ultra Classic 103鈥/Andrews 57h
Yeah there鈥檚 nothing wrong with swapping the baffle with straight pipe, that鈥檚 pretty much what the Chinese slip ons that you can get on eBay do. That extra noise will start to take out your hearing rather rapidly though if you ride often

Registered
Alright good deal. I ride often with no baffles and my headphones on almost full blast so I suppose that doesn鈥檛 help my hearing anyways lol
What did you say?

Reactions: gators_garage916

Wayward Son
And taking away one of 3 primary human "safety features".
The other two being sight and reaction time.

Yep. I'm old. Those 3 things had a lot to do with my getting here.
My .02 gray beard advice.
I'm done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts