Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening everyone
I sort of introduced myself in another thread, but I thought I would do a formal introduction.

My name is Joe and I live north of Pittsburgh, in Chippewa (Beaver Falls), PA. I just placed a down payment on a 2015 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. I have been riding on the street since 1995, but did some trail riding with my friends while growing up. I have had a variety of bikes over the years. Two Yamaha Viragos, a Yamaha Royal Star, and most recently a Yamaha Road Star Silverado. I also had the privilege to ride my ex-wifes Heritage SoftTail Classic on a regular basis.

I lost my wife to breast cancer almost 2 years ago. At that point, I really lost the will to ride and traded in my Road Star on a convertible sports car. Now finding out that it is not really a good substitute for a bike (not bad, just different). I have always wanted a touring bike, even looked into fairings and such to bring the Road Star up to that level, but in my heart I knew what I wanted in a bike and resigned myself to getting an Electra Glide in a few years.

Always being one to jump in where angels fear to tread, finances have switched around to where I am able to purchase a new bike. After losing my wife and having my new girlfriend go through her own cancer treatments, I figured life is too short, I am going for it. I researched the new Electra Glides and they are just what I have been looking for. So I did the deed and just waiting for the finances to finish up before I bring it home.

Hope to meet up with some local riders, join the local HOG chapter and get out riding again.

·
Hard Member
3,238 Posts
Welcome from Virginia!

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Welcome from WNY!!!

Sorry to hear about your wife's passing, and your current GF's issues with cancer, just a way too common topic it seems lately. Enjoy that new ride!!

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!
My condolences and prayers for a good fight from the gf. Such a dreaded disease!

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. I echo other's condolences on the passing of your wife and the battle your GF has had with cancer. Wishing the very best for your future and enjoy that new EG.

·
Oil feild trash
378 Posts
Hey Joe, very sorry for your loss.

Very nice intro and congrats on the your new Limited! You'll enjoy the ride.
Welcome from Ms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the welcome and thoughts. My girlfriend has received good results after her treatments, we are celebrating with a trip to Florida Keys in April.

·
Smiles. A lot!
8,683 Posts
Welcome from eden nc! Condolences on your wife and congrats on the good news on your girlfriend! Have a great trip to the keys! Keep us informed on how that trip goes and when you pick up the bike we want to see pictures!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts