Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Heritage Classic 114
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings comrades, coming to you from the People's Republic of Ohio. I've been riding for over 52 years with only one accident. Hit a patch of gravel on a curve while riding a Yamaha XS1100. Broken collarbone, bike not damaged. I started out riding minibikes when I was about 12, at 16 I got a Honda 160 Scrambler, then a Honda CB500, then a Honda CX500, then a Sportster, the XS1100, then a 84 1/2 Evo FXRT, then 95 Yamaha VMax, then 2000 Fat Boy, and now I'm on a 2019 Heritage Classic 114. I installed the S&S 475 cam, S&S cam plate, oil pump, tappets, Fuel Moto push rods. Absolutely breathed new life to that already fine motor. Happy to join the forum and learn new stuff.

·
American
30,420 Posts
Welcome from Indiana

Reactions: Holger Dansk

·
Registered
2016 Harley-Davidson Ultra Limited
1,447 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota!

Reactions: Holger Dansk

·
Super Moderator
11,681 Posts
Welcome from Mass, in my younger days, my first bike was a 1979 Yamaha XS1100, it was more bike than a newb green rider should have at the age of 18, but I survived.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from Mass, in my younger days, my first bike was a 1979 Yamaha XS1100, it was more bike than a newb green rider should have at the age of 18, but I survived.
Well, that's a good thing! I had an '81 with faring and bags. Used to do a "once around the outerbelt" in Columbus, Ohio at 135mph. I was probably too dumb to survive, but I did.

·
Registered
Mr. James
1,968 Posts
Hello from NC and a former resident of the same republic you now call home. I do not miss Dayton at all! Plus the weather is better down here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings comrades, coming to you from the People's Republic of Ohio. I've been riding for over 52 years with only one accident. Hit a patch of gravel on a curve while riding a Yamaha XS1100. Broken collarbone, bike not damaged. I started out riding minibikes when I was about 12, at 16 I got a Honda 160 Scrambler, then a Honda CB500, then a Honda CX500, then a Sportster, the XS1100, then a 84 1/2 Evo FXRT, then 95 Yamaha VMax, then 2000 Fat Boy, and now I'm on a 2019 Heritage Classic 114. I installed the S&S 475 cam, S&S cam plate, oil pump, tappets, Fuel Moto push rods. Absolutely breathed new life to that already fine motor. Happy to join the forum and learn new stuff.
Welcome from the Nation of Texas!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello from NC and a former resident of the same republic you now call home. I do not miss Dayton at all! Plus the weather is better down here.
I heard that. Usually much better riding weather there. My father's people are from NE Pennsylvania and my mother's people are from Virginia and farther south, I'm stuck in the middle I guess. I used to build houses in Raleigh and Charlotte years ago. Always loved it there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts