Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all ,
I have a bone stock XL883L and really like the looks of the stock taper tip exhaust , without re-mapping or anything I'm wanting a deeper slightly louder slip-on . The only one that I have found that looks similar is the S&S 3" taper tip , what are your general thoughts on these , will they get me the throaty deeper sound without being overbearing and not have to buy a tuner or do any other worthy companies have something similar that I should be looking at .

Thanks in advance !!!

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Go to technical, exhaust systems and near the top is baffelectomy stage 1
This might be the way for you to go, also check out exhaust clamps near the top also.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Not sure which slip ons those have if they have the removable baffle that's held in with a screw the dk customs has the thunder torque inserts that cost 20 bucks improve torque a little and improve the sound they deepened out my short shots

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts

·
Rider
1,541 Posts
My local HD techie told me...

If your bike is newer and fuel injected the stock computer will self adjust up to +/-10% increase/decrease in air flow. Different mufflers or intake is no problem. If you do both then you might have to remap your system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts