Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

Another Texas Redneck Sumbritche' here. Recognize a few folks here.

Ride an 02 RKC, I can see TMS from my back yard, and I like cold beer.

Wanna know anything else, ask.

greg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What SLOWHOUND said.. TMS (Texas Motor Speedway) is this big semi-oval-circle thingy (tri-oval) that cars drive really really fast on. Often times resulting is some rather spectacular crashes. And since this is a NASCAR race weekend coming up, traffic is beginning to bite the big one.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Welcome aintgotnun!

More than a few from Texas here.

I have a brother in the Charlotte, NC area, not far from the Lowes Motor Speedway. On race day he can hear the cars on the track from his home. Can you hear the same from TMS?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aintgotnun!

More than a few from Texas here.

I have a brother in the Charlotte, NC area, not far from the Lowes Motor Speedway. On race day he can hear the cars on the track from his home. Can you hear the same from TMS?
I live about 2 miles away as the crow flys. They have the Jeff Gordon Driving School as well as another driving school there and we can hear them daily, as well as when they practice. Not loud but can still hear them. Race day it gets a bit louder but not as bad as living in the flight path of an airport with a 737 flying 1000 ft over your house would. It's kinda neet on race days to setup the TV outside and listen to the cars while watching on the tube. You can hear them when they do the restarts and on the long runs. Also another REALLY cool thing is before the race when the Air Force does the fly-overs. The April 05 race had a B2 (I think it was a B2) bomber and that monster flew DIRECTLY over our house. AWESOME.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
C O O L. Would get a kick out of seeing the fly-overs. Bet that bomber sent shivers down the spine.
That bomber was a big sonofagun. The whole neighborhood shook. Wish I would have had my video camera ready but didn't think about it until it was almost over us and I wasn't about to miss it.

:D

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
Howwwdeee! and Welcome

·
Registered
679 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!:dance

·
Registered
184 Posts