Harley Davidson Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wore my full color bootleg rip off SOA shirt yesterday.

If you all think it is funny getting pictures of these people in these shirts you should see the looks I get when I go to the dealer to get a new supply of Formula +, gaskets, and oil filters. No HD helmet, no HD doo rag, no HD boots, No HD jeans, No HD tshirt, no HD jacket, no HD saddle bags, No SE HD chit bolted onto my bike, no HD eye pro. You get the idea. Even worse was last trip when everyone in the store was decked out in all kinds of riding gear. Some dude even had on his assless chaps. Here is the real odd part. It was raining and I was the only one in the store that wore a helmet there. Wearing cargo pants, an Old Navy plain long sleeve shirt, leather vest with no patches. I dont even own a HD tshirt.

Swear to god these people were taking pictures of me like yall are of these people who are just fans of a tv show.

I wonder what real jersey shore housewives think of fan gear of them shows?

Its all in good fun though I just find it silly that some here almost appear to be insecure about their bike owning status by posting these pics here. When reality is the majority of normal people and juat about all bike haters think anyone on a harley thinks they are a son.

Maybe if One of yall are quick enough and catch a glimps of me as you polish your chrome, you might catch a pic of me as I ride by, and thats all that matters to me.....

·
Señor Member
19,600 Posts
Little defensive, Boris. :laugh

It's all in good fun. I don't ACTUALLY judge people. It's just something silly to make fun of. I still haven't seen an episode. I bet I'd get addicted quick.

·
THE Yuppie Outlaw
10,081 Posts
I am a huge fan of the show. During the season I watch every episode the night they are on, my wife leaves the room, and pour a stiff bourbon.

That said, I would not wear an SOA shirt because it is a fictional show. Just like I wouldn't walk around in an Ice Road Truckers, Duck Dynasty or Moonshiners shirt.

Here is another POV. I don't wear a Hells Angels, Outlaws, Mongols or Invaders shirt because I don't belong to any of them. Why would I wear an SOA shirt? I don't belong to them either.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Breaker of Things
3,357 Posts
I am a huge fan of the show. During the season I watch every episode the night they are on, my wife leaves the room, and pour a stiff bourbon.

That said, I would not wear an SOA shirt because it is a fictional show. Just like I wouldn't walk around in an Ice Road Truckers, Duck Dynasty or Moonshiners shirt.

Here is another POV. I don't wear a Hells Angels, Outlaws, Mongols or Invaders shirt because I don't belong to any of them. Why would I wear an SOA shirt? I don't belong to them either.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
+1

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
37,005 Posts

If you all think it is funny getting pictures of these people in these shirts you should see the looks I get when I go to the dealer to get a new supply of Formula +, gaskets, and oil filters. No HD helmet, no HD doo rag, no HD boots, No HD jeans, No HD tshirt, no HD jacket, no HD saddle bags, No SE HD chit bolted onto my bike, no HD eye pro. You get the idea. Even worse was last trip when everyone in the store was decked out in all kinds of riding gear. Some dude even had on his assless chaps. Here is the real odd part. It was raining and I was the only one in the store that wore a helmet there. Wearing cargo pants, an Old Navy plain long sleeve shirt, leather vest with no patches. I dont even own a HD tshirt.

Swear to god these people were taking pictures of me like yall are of these people who are just fans of a tv show.

Its all in good fun though I just find it silly that some here almost appear to be insecure about their bike owning status by posting these pics here. When reality is the majority of normal people and juat about all bike haters think anyone on a harley thinks they are a son.

Maybe if One of yall are quick enough and catch a glimps of me as you polish your chrome, you might catch a pic of me as I ride by, and thats all that matters to me.....
I think it's more along the lines of wearing a Shatner era Star Trek shirt and phoney Spock ears. Whether or not you like the show is immaterial, and nobody would think that person in Star Trek gear is from Starfleet Command..... It's just dumb to even buy that stuff, much less wear it out in public.

I'm sure there were more people that watched the original Star-Trek TV series. They are just as much of a dork for wearing that stuff in public.

The difference in your case, or anyone that chooses to wear sports team jerseys etc, is that those entities are real. SoA, Star-Trek, not real.

Excuse me while I don my World of Warcraft shirt along with my robe and wizard hat, and grab some lunch.

Just because I might be a fan of Star Trek, doesn't mean I'm gonna be running around wearing Spock ears pretending I'm from Starfleet command....

But you go on there with your bad self and your SOA shirt, and I'll try to find a piece of chrome on my bike. :laugh

·
GO AVS
890 Posts

So you are okay with judging those that wear harley gear yet you dress like a butch lesbian while driving a sportster. I bet the black leather vest really shows off the cargo pants. I assume the shirt says old navy? If so badass.

We are just having fun, time to jump off you 883 cc's and calm down. I wear chaps when it is cold and I have no issue admitting that, plus nothing is better at skidding then leather, that is proven. Chaps are not for everybody, harley gear is not for everybody, and SOA is not for everybody. Oh and when you are at full throttle going 80 I will still give you a wave passing you on my road king!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Señor Member
19,600 Posts
I think everyone should wear whatever they want. I also think they should make fun of whatever they want. :draw

·
Registered
108 Posts

Just so you know that to a few of us it is not joke. Those of us that have been a part of the lifestyle for a while have a deep respect for those that have patched and the MCs that those patches represent. Even though some may choose not to patch even for us to see the MC lifestyle and 1%er's in particular demeaned and trivilized kinda of chaps our ass, or at least mine. I love the TV show, haven't missed an episode, but it's a TV show and when you put on gear created to generate some Hollywood Corp. money and portray an image that you haven't earned, it's pretty much a slap in the face to those who do go through the trials to patch with a club.

·
Señor Member
19,600 Posts
Just so you know that to a few of us it is not joke. Those of us that have been a part of the lifestyle for a while have a deep respect for those that have patched and the MCs that those patches represent. Even though some may choose not to patch even for us to see the MC lifestyle and 1%er's in particular demeaned and trivilized kinda of chaps our ass, or at least mine. I love the TV show, haven't missed an episode, but it's a TV show and when you put on gear created to generate some Hollywood Corp. money and portray an image that you haven't earned, it's pretty much a slap in the face to those who do go through the trials to patch with a club.
I respect that, swerve. God bless.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Well said.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts

:thumbsup

·
Registered
338 Posts
I honestly don't get this thread. I have an AC/DC t-shirt I wear all the time. Doesn't mean I think I'm Angus Young or that I'm a badass rock star. It means the shirt fits well and I happen to like the look of it.

No one is going to tell me what bike they will "permit" me to ride, and they sure as hell aren't going to dictate what clothes I wear, either.

I suppose some insecure prick might take a picture of me in my AC/DC shirt and post it on a rock forum somewhere with a caption something along the lines of, "Wow, look at the guitar poser!" Accompanied, of course, by a rant about how I don't respect those who have "earned" this or that, blah, blah, blah...

Seriously, if you have a problem with the t-shirt or cut someone is wearing, then take a break from your keyboard and go try to take it off them. You'll be a moron for doing so, but at least you'll show the "poser" what a real Internet hero is capable of.

·
Registered
531 Posts
It sounds like a few people should not subscribe to this forum if they don't see that it's just something entertaining.

Also, by definition what are assless chaps? Aren't all chaps, by definition, assless? Otherwise they'd be leather pants :rollin:rollin:rollin

1 - 20 of 199 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.