Harley Davidson Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti-SOA Hunter Thead

17K views 198 replies 57 participants last post by  Diezel 
#1 ·
I wore my full color bootleg rip off SOA shirt yesterday.

If you all think it is funny getting pictures of these people in these shirts you should see the looks I get when I go to the dealer to get a new supply of Formula +, gaskets, and oil filters. No HD helmet, no HD doo rag, no HD boots, No HD jeans, No HD tshirt, no HD jacket, no HD saddle bags, No SE HD chit bolted onto my bike, no HD eye pro. You get the idea. Even worse was last trip when everyone in the store was decked out in all kinds of riding gear. Some dude even had on his assless chaps. Here is the real odd part. It was raining and I was the only one in the store that wore a helmet there. Wearing cargo pants, an Old Navy plain long sleeve shirt, leather vest with no patches. I dont even own a HD tshirt.

Swear to god these people were taking pictures of me like yall are of these people who are just fans of a tv show.

I wonder what real jersey shore housewives think of fan gear of them shows?

Its all in good fun though I just find it silly that some here almost appear to be insecure about their bike owning status by posting these pics here. When reality is the majority of normal people and juat about all bike haters think anyone on a harley thinks they are a son.

Maybe if One of yall are quick enough and catch a glimps of me as you polish your chrome, you might catch a pic of me as I ride by, and thats all that matters to me.....

See less See more
#2 ·
Little defensive, Boris. :laugh

It's all in good fun. I don't ACTUALLY judge people. It's just something silly to make fun of. I still haven't seen an episode. I bet I'd get addicted quick.

#45 ·
Nah, I just find it funny that we bikers who are typicaly a live and let live kind of person that we would think these SOA people are something they are not. Maybe they just like the show. Just like how I just love to ride. I dont care what kind of bike someone has, 250 honda or one of them V8 oddball things, even crotch rockets. I just love to ride. Maybe they just like the show. As it is the majority of peoples opinion of bikers, and more so for harley riders is not a very good opinion.

Now if they had a SOA tat, that would be too much, but then so is a HD tat. I dont even own a HD tshirt. It would be like my wife wearing a chevy Aveo shirt for our comuter car or me wearing a chevy truck shirt, and buying it at the dealer to boot.

I know its all in fun but I watch the show with the wife and she thinks I love the show as much as she does. She got me some shirts and Im the kind of guy that reaches in the shirt drawer and wears what I grab that day, so I wear them, even when I ride. I even wave at 50cc scooters when I wear it while riding because to me its all about 2 wheels and maximum head room.

Now if only these 3 weeks straight of rain would stop. I know too well how my new tires grip in the rain, i need to test them on dry pavement....

Edit: I did not watch till about season 4 when I was bored while deployed and watched the first season. Wife sent it to me. Passed the boredom and now I want to see what happens, oh well. But yeah, either dont watch it or you will most likely be all in.

#3 ·
I am a huge fan of the show. During the season I watch every episode the night they are on, my wife leaves the room, and pour a stiff bourbon.

That said, I would not wear an SOA shirt because it is a fictional show. Just like I wouldn't walk around in an Ice Road Truckers, Duck Dynasty or Moonshiners shirt.

Here is another POV. I don't wear a Hells Angels, Outlaws, Mongols or Invaders shirt because I don't belong to any of them. Why would I wear an SOA shirt? I don't belong to them either.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#5 ·
I think it's more along the lines of wearing a Shatner era Star Trek shirt and phoney Spock ears. Whether or not you like the show is immaterial, and nobody would think that person in Star Trek gear is from Starfleet Command..... It's just dumb to even buy that stuff, much less wear it out in public.

I'm sure there were more people that watched the original Star-Trek TV series. They are just as much of a dork for wearing that stuff in public.

The difference in your case, or anyone that chooses to wear sports team jerseys etc, is that those entities are real. SoA, Star-Trek, not real.

Excuse me while I don my World of Warcraft shirt along with my robe and wizard hat, and grab some lunch.

Just because I might be a fan of Star Trek, doesn't mean I'm gonna be running around wearing Spock ears pretending I'm from Starfleet command....

But you go on there with your bad self and your SOA shirt, and I'll try to find a piece of chrome on my bike. :laugh

#6 ·
Just because I might be a fan of Star Trek, doesn't mean I'm gonna be running around wearing Spock ears pretending I'm from Starfleet command....
That's a sweet look, though.

#8 ·
So you are okay with judging those that wear harley gear yet you dress like a butch lesbian while driving a sportster. I bet the black leather vest really shows off the cargo pants. I assume the shirt says old navy? If so badass.

We are just having fun, time to jump off you 883 cc's and calm down. I wear chaps when it is cold and I have no issue admitting that, plus nothing is better at skidding then leather, that is proven. Chaps are not for everybody, harley gear is not for everybody, and SOA is not for everybody. Oh and when you are at full throttle going 80 I will still give you a wave passing you on my road king!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#9 ·
I think everyone should wear whatever they want. I also think they should make fun of whatever they want. :draw

#12 ·
Just so you know that to a few of us it is not joke. Those of us that have been a part of the lifestyle for a while have a deep respect for those that have patched and the MCs that those patches represent. Even though some may choose not to patch even for us to see the MC lifestyle and 1%er's in particular demeaned and trivilized kinda of chaps our ass, or at least mine. I love the TV show, haven't missed an episode, but it's a TV show and when you put on gear created to generate some Hollywood Corp. money and portray an image that you haven't earned, it's pretty much a slap in the face to those who do go through the trials to patch with a club.

#19 ·
I honestly don't get this thread. I have an AC/DC t-shirt I wear all the time. Doesn't mean I think I'm Angus Young or that I'm a badass rock star. It means the shirt fits well and I happen to like the look of it.

No one is going to tell me what bike they will "permit" me to ride, and they sure as hell aren't going to dictate what clothes I wear, either.

I suppose some insecure prick might take a picture of me in my AC/DC shirt and post it on a rock forum somewhere with a caption something along the lines of, "Wow, look at the guitar poser!" Accompanied, of course, by a rant about how I don't respect those who have "earned" this or that, blah, blah, blah...

Seriously, if you have a problem with the t-shirt or cut someone is wearing, then take a break from your keyboard and go try to take it off them. You'll be a moron for doing so, but at least you'll show the "poser" what a real Internet hero is capable of.

#37 ·
In case it was missed the several other times this was posted...

I think it's more along the lines of wearing a Shatner era Star Trek shirt and phoney Spock ears. Whether or not you like the show is immaterial, and nobody would think that person in Star Trek gear is from Starfleet Command..... It's just dumb to even buy that stuff, much less wear it out in public.

I'm sure there were more people that watched the original Star-Trek TV series. They are just as much of a dork for wearing that stuff in public.

The difference in your case, or anyone that chooses to wear sports team jerseys etc, is that those entities are real. SoA, Star-Trek, not real.

Excuse me while I don my World of Warcraft shirt along with my robe and wizard hat, and grab some lunch.

#20 ·
It sounds like a few people should not subscribe to this forum if they don't see that it's just something entertaining.

Also, by definition what are assless chaps? Aren't all chaps, by definition, assless? Otherwise they'd be leather pants :rollin:rollin:rollin

#21 ·
It sounds like a few people should not subscribe to this forum if they don't see that it's just something entertaining.
I get that. And I would buy that argument if it wasn't for the fact that numerous people have went to some pains to explain to the rest of us exactly how serious this is all supposed to be.

I guess we're all supposed to be afeared of what "real" bikers will say or do to us if we wear the wrong attire.

#22 ·
SWEEET.......Now I know what a REAL biker wears and how he rides.
:bowrofl:

#29 ·
As far as how patches are earned, you'll have to ask someone who has earned one.

#31 ·
Geez, there is always someone who has to try and piss on the parade. Pucker up, Buttercup. Don't like the conversation or subject, don't click on the thread. End of story.

#34 ·
Wait a minute, I thought people here just finished explaining why it's okay to poke fun at others and criticize whatever or whoever we want. Free country and all that.

Fair enough.

But then the same people turn around and say it's not okay to comment about this thread. Hmmm.

Can't have it both ways.

#39 ·
In response to the AC/DC comment.

You are wearing the shirt of a real life band made up of real musicians with a ton of talent, not a fictional motorcycle gang created by a Hollywood producer.

The appropriate thing would be to wear a Charlie Hunnam or Kim Coates shirt to celebrate their acting.

#42 ·
Sorry for getting all serious for second there. I have a tendency to do that from time to time, so just kick me and I'll usually stop.

On a non-serious note, just thinking out loud...

On the issue of t-shirts and such, people seem to be approaching this from exactly opposite viewpoints. Some people are saying it's only okay to wear t-shirts from real life entities, like AC/DC, the Dallas Cowboys, or Harley Davidson. But other people are saying no, wearing t-shirts of real-life stuff is what can cause friction.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, some are saying it's only okay to wear t-shirts from fictional entities, like Southpark, Godzilla, or SOA. But others are saying it's not okay to wear SOA swag precisely because it is fictional.

This all seems very confusing and there's clearly no consensus about what's right and what isn't. Apparently, we're not supposed to wear logos from either fictional or real-life stuff, but for opposite reasons.

Meh. I'll continue to just wear whatever looks good to me.

#43 ·
Yes......No logos whatsoever! I like it. Everyone should wear the same color pants, plain shirts and white shoes. :know

I know this topic is beat to death and such an incredible gray area that it could forever be defended from both sides.

My reasoning for the fictional / non fictional argument in regard to SOA is only because SOA is a fictional MC based on real life MC's. There is an aura that MC's give off. People have very strong opinions and feelings about the HA's, Outlaws, etc..... and I just feel like a guy wearing a shirt with an SOA rocker, and riding a blacked out dyna with a 3/4 fairing is putting out a vibe that is completely fake.

The only thing I can think of that is a close comparison would be to drive around in a Crown Vic wearing a blue windbreaker that says FBI on the back when you are not an agent. Or riding around on a used cop bike and wearing a tan button down shirt......You are consciously portraying something that you are not with swag from something that does not exist.

South Park is completely fake. Batman is fake, Superman is fake.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I cannot figure out why I cannot stop responding to this damn thread!:spank:

#46 · (Edited)
Rohan said:
Obviously, you are not well aware of how they are earned.

First off, thank you brother for your service. I'm currently active duty Army stationed across the reservoir from you at Fort Polk, LA.
We're talking about one-percenter clubs here as that's what SOA purports to mimic.

And it's highly unlikely you're active duty Army and a member of a one-percenter club, since such involvement would quickly end your military career and place you on various federal watch lists.

http://info.publicintelligence.net/ATF-OMGmilitary2010.pdf

If you're a member of a regular MC, then that's a different animal entirely and there's plenty of good and friendly people there. But that's not really applicable to the discussion of fictional SOA.

#52 ·
So that little link you posted is a b.s. link... Wanna know how I found out? I tried accessing it from my Government computer here in my office and it came up blocked by the DoD.... See the following:

You have attempted to access a blocked website. Access to this website has been blocked for operational reasons by the DOD Enterprise-Level Protection System.

Category: USCC_WIKILEAKS_BLOCK

URL: info.publicintelligence.net/ATF-OMGmilitary2010.pdf

Contact your local Network Control Center for information on how to gain access to MISSION ESSENTIAL or otherwise authorized websites, or to report a mis-categorized website.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not sure where you got that I said I was a 1%er out of that. Let me enlighten you a little more since you have watched too much Gangland.

You are basically saying that there are nothing but no good scoundrels in 1% clubs. There are some very upstanding men in those clubs. I grew up in that life and have plenty of friends that are the best guys you will ever meet. As for "regular MCs" as you put it... you have no idea... There is a difference between 1%, outlaw, and other MCs. I can PM you some specific Louisiana club history if you want to dispute the fact that 1%ers are the only badasses out there. Two outlaw, non 1% clubs here in LA fought a certain 1% club in the 70's and kept them from coming into the state.

I can also put you in contact with a 1%er that works across the hall from me if you wish. He is also active duty for the last 10 years. I have ridden with him and verified his membership in said club.

Take your blinders off man...

-Rohan

#47 ·
Non military, refused entry to all branches due to mono vision.
Full patch member of a MC.
On domestic terriorist watch list (NSA, FBI, ECT)

Cetch me if they can, they will have fun trying.:moonBart

#48 ·
I don't pretend to know the intentions, level of wanna be-ness or the content of the character of this wearing SOA gear.

I'm sure many of them are good guys. I'm sure some of them douchers.

It's just funny. It's just funny if for no other reason than we think it is.

I'm not bashing the PEOPLE. It's just funny.

I may get one and wear it to the collision just to buck the system with a sh!t eating grin.

But, I'm much more likely to wear a pressed polo or Oxford to impress JP. :laugh

#49 ·
But, I'm much more likely to wear a pressed polo or Oxford to impress JP. :laugh
It's gotta be a pink one, though. And if you do, make sure you wear about four at once and pop those collars... Nothing says cool like multiple popped collars.

Photo caption Photography Tree Cool Adaptation

#56 ·
This thread reminds me of the south park F word episode. If you have not seen it, then it is a must for any Harley owner. It is the general opinion from non bike owners since most think a V star is a harley anyway.

I have riding buddies that take a huge offense to it. I see it as if people realy think that way I can flip them off. Infact on my way back from work this morning I had a cage trying to slip through a tight spot to get infront of me. It was not going to happen. His lexus had no chance against a slight twist from my wrist as I closed the hole on him. He honked his horn, I gave him the finger, he tail gated me, I spit on his pretty car and he never had a chance of catching me. Moral of the story, dont try to push this bike rider out of his spot on the road then get angry about it. He already hated me anyway.

Oh and when I got dressed this morning when I got home from work, it was my other SOA shirt I grabbed, wearing it right now....

#57 ·
Hahahaha! Awesome. Pics or it didn't happen. If you want to be a real good sport you'll point and laugh at yourself! :rollin

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.