Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
88- nice avatar by the way :rofl:

I am really having a difficult time dealing with getting rid of my Huffy. It had streamers and a pink seat...:confused: Any suggestions.

(hehehe...on the serious note...this is my first bike, and I already have emotional attachment to it. I can't imagine someone else having my bike, and not knowing how the new person takes care of it...:bat )

·
Registered
48 Posts
1980 FXB Sturgis. New in 80 ... sold 10 months later ... (Just after our first kid was born)
Bought back 5 yrs later with only a couple thousand miles added then sold for the last time in the early 90's. If i could find her i would buy her back in a second :D

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, these are all top shelf bikes... the Triumph/Bandit, the Ducs, and the 1980 FXB Sturgis :eek:. LV74-04... Had a friend who wanted to find the motorcycle given to him by his father for high school graduation. Somehow through motor vehicle records he learned it was owned by someone in Wisconsin who was willing to sell it, but I guess it was in very bad condition. My friend ultimately declined. Still, sentimental value is a strong pull for some of us, especially when the two wheeled thing delivered and was there for many memories.

Amy... Great reply! :rofl: Reminds me of my Schwinn Stingray with the raised bars and banana seat! Even back then I was riding a chopper like bike! Never thought of that.

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
88- nice avatar by the way :rofl:

I am really having a difficult time dealing with getting rid of my Huffy. It had streamers and a pink seat...:confused: Any suggestions.

(hehehe...on the serious note...this is my first bike, and I already have emotional attachment to it. I can't imagine someone else having my bike, and not knowing how the new person takes care of it...:bat )

Always have a Bart on my bikes etc. When I used to race Jet Skis in the early 90's The Simpsons had jst come out and I had a Bart on my ski. I also live in Bartley Road, one of my friends started calling me Bartman and Bart has been here since.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just one that I regretted selling.... a 2000 Screamin Eagle Road Glide.

Not too many Road Glides around back then, lots of riding buddies joked a lot about the "halloween pumpkin" paint job and the "Jap fairing with 2 headlights", but it was one fast Harley !

Road Glides are a lot more accepted these days, now a lot of riders realize what great handling bikes they really are.

Attachments

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bought new for $4,500. Great bike....fast, reliable, and a ton of fun. Not to mention all the great memories. I'm sure it could give my V-Rod a good run.

Before and after pics. Set it up for some long haul touring....and did. Notice the trailer hitch? Not common in 1980.
Nice you took pics of it then! It reminds me of my first "new" bike, an '82 Honda V45 Sabre. My wife and I (pre-kids) would ride all over Michigan on it. And you're right -- these bikes could fly! How about that, > 25 years ago.

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just one that I regretted selling.... a 2000 Screamin Eagle Road Glide.

Not too many Road Glides around back then, lots of riding buddies joked a lot about the "halloween pumpkin" paint job and the "Jap fairing with 2 headlights", but it was one fast Harley !

Road Glides are a lot more accepted these days, now a lot of riders realize what great handling bikes they really are.
Dave, not to increase the angst level, but that is one sweet bike. You're right, many now rave about the bike and how well it handles... especially in the wind. Bet that SE version would fly!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My second HD was a '66 FLH...I couldn't give the bags and stuff away back then...shame 'cause I sure wish I had it today as complete as I bought it but I stll put over 100k on that engine in several frames before divorce forced me to sell...:mad:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts