Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gathering parts to assemble a 1991 heritage softail, It will be a Heritage/Fatboy mix. I also have a 94 Fatboy that is pretty well customized, I have older and newer Harley's but my love is for the EVO softail bikes, I can't get enough of them. Anyone with me?

·
Guitarslinger
3,334 Posts
I love my 86 FXR !!!!

·
Administrator
13,424 Posts
97 FLHT. LOVE it.

·
Mississippi Cajun
25,058 Posts
I had a '98 Fatboy with a cammed EVO. It was my first Harley, and it was one badass piece of iron. It had enough pop at the top end to snap your head back when cracking the throttle at 70. Lost that one to a Pit bull that tried to eat the bike as I was riding past. Sure do miss that one.

·
Wayward Son
23,865 Posts
Was happy with my 98 FLHT. Am sure I will be with my 99 FXST.
But damn I miss my 83 Shovel.

Will put a little spin\addition on your original post. Who`s first bike\Harley was an Evo?

·
Administrator
13,424 Posts
My first Harley was a '95 FLHT. Got it in '97 with 17k miles.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 97 FXSTC... Got it 1 1/2 years ago with less than 10k miles, Have road 17k since then and figure it's my last Harley.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Built one when MoCo starting letting you buy motors, 95. Saw it at the shop, built it a step at a time then rode the hell out of it. Wish I still had it, but I do have a Pete Hill rebuilt 90 EVO motor, so I will do this again. Kind of in the same place as OP. Go for it!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Love my 97 Heritage it's also my first and I probably won't ever get rid of her . Ever planning on getting a new bike the end of next year.

·
Registered
42,710 Posts
Was happy with my 98 FLHT. Am sure I will be with my 99 FXST.
But damn I miss my 83 Shovel.

Will put a little spin\addition on your original post. Who`s first bike\Harley was an Evo?
First Harley was a FXR.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
LOVE my EVOs. First Harley was an Evo. It was a Sporty Evo though haha.

-Rohan

1. My current 96 Road King

2. My previous 98 E-Glide - sold

3. My old 94 Heritage - Killed by a drunk running a red light in 2011. R.I.P.
All VERY nice, Rohan. Too bad 'bout the Heritage. LOVE the 'Lectra Glide. Sweet RK.

Man, you have had, and have, some REAL nice hardware.

·
Administrator
13,424 Posts
I love my ol' mama bear.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
80" Evo's are a tough engine.........that can also make VERY GOOD power.
Same bore/stroke combo as an 80" Shovel, which the R&D team at S&S Cycle, Viola, Wis., actually developed for the Harley-Davidson Motor Co., from the 74" powerplant.
Sooooooo that bore/stroke ran from 1978 to 1999, all thanks to S&S.
Something that a lot of folks probably did not know.:)
Scott

1 - 20 of 46 Posts