Harley Davidson Forums banner

Any EVO love?

12K views 45 replies 30 participants last post by  Silverback 
#1 ·
I'm gathering parts to assemble a 1991 heritage softail, It will be a Heritage/Fatboy mix. I also have a 94 Fatboy that is pretty well customized, I have older and newer Harley's but my love is for the EVO softail bikes, I can't get enough of them. Anyone with me?

#5 ·
I had a '98 Fatboy with a cammed EVO. It was my first Harley, and it was one badass piece of iron. It had enough pop at the top end to snap your head back when cracking the throttle at 70. Lost that one to a Pit bull that tried to eat the bike as I was riding past. Sure do miss that one.

#11 ·
Built one when MoCo starting letting you buy motors, 95. Saw it at the shop, built it a step at a time then rode the hell out of it. Wish I still had it, but I do have a Pete Hill rebuilt 90 EVO motor, so I will do this again. Kind of in the same place as OP. Go for it!

#20 ·
80" Evo's are a tough engine.........that can also make VERY GOOD power.
Same bore/stroke combo as an 80" Shovel, which the R&D team at S&S Cycle, Viola, Wis., actually developed for the Harley-Davidson Motor Co., from the 74" powerplant.
Sooooooo that bore/stroke ran from 1978 to 1999, all thanks to S&S.
Something that a lot of folks probably did not know.:)
Scott

#21 ·
You learn something every day. I have a 78 1/2 80" Shovel and I knew it was among the first 80" to be developed, but did not know that the R & D was done by S&S. It was born a police bike, but sure doesn't look anything like that now.

#22 ·
96 Dyna Convertible

Attachments

#23 ·
Evo's , especially S&S Evo's were the cream of the crop for Harley motors . Plus they just looked right unlike the ugly duckling twinkies !
Miss my ole 85 kick-start 4-speed rigid mount Low Rider and my 88 FXR Low Rider .
Also bought an almost new 84 FXR Disc Glide with chain drive with only 94 miles on it .
Never had ANY trouble with any EVO's !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.