Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to this forum and am looking to buy an 08 Rocker C very soon. Has anyone upgraded the headlight to a HID or LED setup? I did some reading through the 298 topics for Softails and read about seats and pegs for the Rocker. Are Rocker owners small in number? Thanks Vince

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Welcome. I have a 2008 Rocker C. I have not yet upgraded my headlight but it is on my to-do list. Just about everything else on my bike has been altered. :)

FWIW, I love my Rocker and wouldn't trade it for anything. To answer your question, I think the number of owners may be small in this forum. There are some thought that will likely chime in.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Sarah I read your posts about changing seats, glad it worked out for you. I will have to keep the stock setup for when my wife rides but the current owner did add a standard Rocker seat and said it helped with comfort and made him feel in the bike not on. Your Rocker looks awesome, nice work. It's kind of cool to be the minority in a model of bike. Makes us unique and you won't see many on the road. I was surprised to find three Rockers for sale in my area but all are owned by dealers and they are asking to much. I did test ride a C model last Sunday and loved it. The Vance & Hines bigshot pipes sounded great. Here is the link to the one I'm hoping to pick up if you care to check it out. It's one state away maybe two hours not bad. Thanks for the welcome. 2008 Harley Davidson FXCWC Softail Rocker C for sale in Pasadena, Maryland

·
Super Moderator
4,350 Posts
Greetings. Since there aren't too many Rocker owners out there I will chime in with regards to the BreakOut. I am not sure what your headlight diameter is but there are several headlamp / HID, LED threads out there. I did upgrade to the xenon bulb first, $18 bucks sounded good but they get very hot, it melted my connector after a year. The light was far better than the stock bulb and you can get a heat block adapter that dissapates the heat, found that out after. Since then, I got the daymaker and super happy I did.

The bike in the link looks great, good luck.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Minority

booda
I guess we are in the minority..........but like you said...we won't see one every other scooter on the road. Yes Sarah's scooter is Super, mine is a plain Rocker [not a C ] but I really like it and also can't think of anything I'd trade for.It is cool to have something a bit different. Hope you join us in the Rocker Club.
Colt.45

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Hey booda,

that is a VERY clean bike! I've got my fingers crossed for you. I think it's pretty cool to have a bike you don't see a lot of. Since getting mine last year I can honestly say I have yet to see another Rocker in my travels. I've had other HD riders ask me what it is which is a novelty. I have a hard time telling one model from another myself. :laugh

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
booda
That is a sweet looking sled ! Good luck on it.
Colt.45

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome to the crew! I bought mine New in 09 and I will never get rid of it...very sweet once you set them up the way you want.
Here are a few ideas...
The front and rear shocks and springs suck...I changed mine over to progressive and it made a huge positive diff.. dropped the rear 1.5 inches...sweet. the front kit was only 90 bucks and made handling way better...
Stock seat sucks...changed to Danny Gray with saddle gel...AWESOME. I have it just off the fender and works great. Clear plastic on fender under seat equals no scratches.
Stage one and and a big smile every time I RIDE...
Enjoy and ride safe.

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
Rodzilla, can you go into more detail on the front and rear shocks, such as make, part numbers where you got them, and cost? It sounds like a great upgrade.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man great to hear from all you Rocker riders. Yeah Rodzilla I concur with Sarah can you share some info? Sounds like a great upgrade. Can't go wrong with Progressive suspension. I'm posting two links for you folks if you care to check them out. One is some history on the reason for the Rocker and a review of the bike. The 2nd is a custom Rocker this guy in Japan built. He did an excellent job. Check out his turn signal indicator lights mounted in the left hand fork cap. I don't know if his seat would be to comfy on long rides but I applaud his efforts. He added good music to his video also.

2011 H-D Rocker C | Motorcycle Reviews, Forums, and News - AIMag.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrzsARpljgM

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Rocker Riders........

Come on........there have got to be more "Rocker Riders" than just us 5.........?
Colt.45

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Colt we should start our own club. The Rocker Riders sounds good. Lol Of course I don't have one yet but I go to check it out in Feb.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greetings. I got the daymaker and super happy I did. The bike in the link looks great, good luck.
Hey Ematicic,
What did the Daymaker set you back price wise? Also do you notice the beam is only forward facing or do you get some side lighting as well? One complaint I read about LED headlights was the guy only had a forward facing beam so in corners he lost sight of the road. I do like LED a lot, much better then halogen bulbs.

Thanks

·
Rocker Chik
3,317 Posts
I have had mine 3 years or so. I also love having something that isn't common. Lots of questions and looks. It's a great ride for me since I ride solo. I know the skinny tires are in, but I still love the fat rear tire. Be safe!
I love the look of the big fat tire. I don't know why exactly but I think it's just tough and fast looking. I've had people say my bike looks fast just sitting on the stand. I'm with you, I like having something a bit unusual and doesn't look like every other HD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts