Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 01 flhtcui. Tried putting in a "HD" plug in turn signal/taillight conversin module. Seemed to work sitting in the shop. Soon as you head down the road and you hit the breaks it blows the headlight taillight fuse. Even tried the Arlen Nessl model same thing. The Hd shop cant figure it out says we can look for a short, thats prob what it is. I dont feel like OKing an endless shop rate scavenger hunt for a $1000.00 for a maybe. What doesnt make sense is youd think it would be giving me problems w/o the module but not a one. P.O's me cause guys run freakn X-mas trees off these bikes. Anybody have this problem?

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Got to wonder if you got the right application/part# for your year model. If it worked alright with the original setup I wouldn't suspect a problem/short there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The correct kit is 69461-06A and is plug & play, unless you have a FLHR, where you have to splice the blue & orange wires together. If it only does it going down the road I suspect a wire from the kit is pinching under the seat when you sit on it.
Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts