Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Noel
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, curious to hear feedback from actual Livewire owners within this forum sub-forum.

Within this sub forum you can begin to create issue specific threads as the needs arise, good luck on your new ride, I personally am interested in your experiences.

Thanks to Roy for building this forum!!

·
American
25,852 Posts
Nope....I haven’t even seen one at a dealer? But I don’t know what a sub group is either...... guess I’m a non groupie!

·
Noel
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, maybe I should have said "forum"

Probably you have noticed the forum is broken up into sections, one of which is "Specific Model Areas" under which are the various HD model lines, with in each of these ~sub forums~ are a variety of user created topics or threads within which content is posted.

I don't own one either but figured the newbies who might eventually join our forum might be Livewire riders and they will be looking for a place to share information, eventually some of our resident technical folks might be able to assist them with Q&A and some of us old timers that are open to innovation and early adopters of new technology might join in the fun this bike could bring.

Roy has already moved many of the threads which had been previously started in other forums to this area so that newb's can find what has been shared so far.

Again, a BIG thanks to Roy for doing the grunt work!!

·
American
25,852 Posts
LOL, maybe I should have said "forum"

Probably you have noticed the forum is broken up into sections, one of which is "Specific Model Areas" under which are the various HD model lines, with in each of these ~sub forums~ are a variety of user created topics or threads within which content is posted.

I don't own one either but figured the newbies who might eventually join our forum might be Livewire riders and they will be looking for a place to share information, eventually some of our resident technical folks might be able to assist them with Q&A and some of us old timers that are open to innovation and early adopters of new technology might join in the fun this bike could bring.

Roy has already moved many of the threads which had been previously started in other forums to this area so that newb's can find what has been shared so far.

Again, a BIG thanks to Roy for doing the grunt work!!
Roy is just that kinda guy! :nod :kiss

·
Noel
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My brother in law and I were talking about this last week! Some interesting future technology might be a game changer on range and recharge times.

·
Registered
638 Posts
did ya all see the thread about "Art"?
That's what I think the Live Wire is. You'll get it when you read about the OP's "Art"!

·
Noel
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I’d be shocked to see a LiveWire rider on here.
My thought on this was that our forum is all encompassing as its name implies that any model from any era might have followers here, as opposed to the VROD forum or any other which is model line specific.

When these new riders start googling for information and tips, they might stumble across this corner of the interweb's looking for information, tips and opinions, granted most of the opinions are negative, but I'd really like them to congregate here so that we gather their knowledge and with that the opportunity to educate them with the institutional knowledge of older generations of motorcyclists like us!!

Don Huffman, former owner of Huffman's HD in Lakeland Fl just took delivery of the first Livewire sold by the successor dealer Lakeland HD, he's and old timer (87).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2689306994425135&set=pcb.2689308787758289&type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/donnie.huffman.1213/videos/pcb.2689308787758289/2689307067758461/?type=3&theater

·
Road Junkie
1,847 Posts
Shocked? Is that an electric pun?
Sort of. But I believe the demographics of a LiveWire buyer are quite different than the traditional H-D buyer. And this forum is more about tradition...hence my conclusion.

·
Noel
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Think back to the evolution of the "Traditional" engine, Pan, Shovel, evo, VRSC, TC and now the M8, there has been a lot of animosity among the generations of faithful, sure it's possible (probable) they will take root in a different environment OTOH they might land here.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Think back to the evolution of the "Traditional" engine, Pan, Shovel, evo, VRSC, TC and now the M8, there has been a lot of animosity among the generations of faithful, sure it's possible (probable) they will take root in a different environment OTOH they might land here.
When I bought my first Harley, there were shirts around that said "Hear no EVO, See no EVO, Speak no EVO."

·
Noel
7,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That was very informative, especially the charging strategy impact on the 5 year battery (RESS) warranty

1 - 19 of 19 Posts