Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Nightster Prankster
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what kind of price people where paying and wanted to here some comments about there bike. Also would like to hear some do's and dont's of a Harley. Always have had an inline motor and chain and sprockets. Suppose to go look at one in person tomorrow. Can't wait. Didn't have one here in town.

Thanks in advance,
Chad

·
Registered
42,903 Posts
Don't: Don't try to wrap a Sportster motor to 10k RPM. 7k RPM is plenty with a reprogrammed ignition and motor work. ;)

Belts are a good thing (no mess, no adjustments necessary once they get set), only advantage of chains are easy gearing changes.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Try not to lug the motor (hitting the gas while in too high of a gear at too low of a speed) other than that just check your oil alot and ride on! Best of luck to you with that bad mamba jamba.

·
Nightster Prankster
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No dealers around with one in stock. Found a used one and got loan approved and now he won't answer his phone. Bought new in may and already has goodies. Maybe he will call back after the weekend.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Sold my Kawi in a day. Now looking for a deal on the Nightster. This one looks cool with the WWs.
Personally I can't get into the apes on Sportys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
sportys ROCK. I think if you don't want to spend a lot, but want a Harley. Get a Sportster. I have a sporty and have had a few jap bikes and the sportster is my favorite by far!

P.S... Made in USA..

·
Registered
42,903 Posts
Congrats, post pics!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Personally I can't get into the apes on Sportys.
i'm pimpin 12" apes and I love it, I changed them out after two years of riding to try a different look and changed them back a day later. I didnt realize I liked 'em so much:D
of course, 12's aren't that tall, still have my hands lower than the shoulders.

·
Registered
42,903 Posts
Nice set of wheels you got there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here ya go! This should explain my name also.:D Hey turbo we oughta go ride sometime. I see you finally replied on oldwest. I'm not sure if anything has been done to the rear but the 2 up seat helped to soften the blows.
ha! Tyler is just a bit far for an afternoon ride:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts