Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the fact that they can be used with a Vance and Hines true dual headers for when I have the money to tune. Anybody have experience with these?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
HULK7
182 Posts
I like the fact that they can be used with a Vance and Hines true dual headers for when I have the money to tune. Anybody have experience with these?

I don't have the carbon fiber but I do have the chrome hi put mufflers and they sound perfect! I did the cross chamber header with SE breather and SE tuner and I love the set up!!! They sound great! The set up produced 88.9HP and 108TQ.

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I ordered them yesterday. For now I will be running the SE breather and the stage 1 download. When I can save up enough I will get the Vance and Hines header, the SE tuner and get it dyno'ed
I don't have the carbon fiber but I do have the chrome hi put mufflers and they sound perfect! I did the cross chamber header with SE breather and SE tuner and I love the set up!!! They sound great! The set up produced 88.9HP and 108TQ.

·
HULK7
182 Posts
Thanks for the info! I ordered them yesterday. For now I will be running the SE breather and the stage 1 download. When I can save up enough I will get the Vance and Hines header, the SE tuner and get it dyno'ed

Great idea!!! I had mine dialed in also by Harley!! They DYNO tuned the bike for almost 3 hours. A friend who has a 06 street glide with cams and a breather and 2 into 1 full exhaust and few others MODS test rode mine and was shocked! He explained that my bike pulls in every gear and at all RPM.. He thought that I had already had the cams replaced. He could not believe that there was no internal motor work done! You will love it.

·
GO AVS
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well they were installed yesterday. Here is my opinion of them thus far which is a comparison to the screaming eagle slip ons:

These have a much deeper base tone

The ruble is louder than SE but not obnoxiously loud (was kind of hoping for obnoxious)

I felt an instant difference in torque

These pipes look amazing on the back of my black ultra

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Without Pictures, it didn't happen. Plus I want see what the Carbon looks like.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts

·
Dirty Member
1,142 Posts
Great idea!!! I had mine dialed in also by Harley!! They DYNO tuned the bike for almost 3 hours. A friend who has a 06 street glide with cams and a breather and 2 into 1 full exhaust and few others MODS test rode mine and was shocked! He explained that my bike pulls in every gear and at all RPM.. He thought that I had already had the cams replaced. He could not believe that there was no internal motor work done! You will love it.
Like Hulk7 said, the dyno can make all the difference.
Finding someone that is good on the dyno is another subject. Do your homework and get some suggestions on where/who the dyno will be done by. Just about all dealers will have a dyno and tuner but only a handful are worth a dam. Your bike can run worse and you will waste a lot of time and money trying to fix what a bad tune did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts