Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
docroz... Sorry for a tardy response. I don't have much to offer, not having made this mod, but have ridden/owned H-D's with 140's, 150's, 160's, 170's and 240 rears. Fine handling with them all, and surprisingly, even with the 240. Have the 170 on the RK here and it is sweet. Do like the appearance of the wider rear. If you're wondering about the handling characteristics, I wouldn't worry.

Steve

·
Registered
22 Posts
sfarson, how did you fit a 170 on the roadking, I have a 98 flht which you can see in my thread "that's my bag" I have wanted to do a wider rear tire for some time, but no one seems to have the answers as to how to make it work, and can you make it work and keep the stock rear fender?

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Ajax... Good question and probably of limited help here. This FLHRSE3 bike came with the 170 rear from the factory. Looked through some pics to see if I had any good ones of the rear, but don't really, just this rear shot from an angle. Used to ride an '02 Heritage and know many who bought the H-D wide tire kit to go up to a 160mm? Believe this was the widest tire the stock Heritage fender could handle

Anyway, I just went to Google and entered "harley wide tire kit". Many returned links to possibly what you are looking for, but a quick glance revealed some serious $$$ and also kits taking the rear far beyond 170mm.

·
Registered
212 Posts
sfarson, how did you fit a 170 on the roadking, I have a 98 flht which you can see in my thread "that's my bag" I have wanted to do a wider rear tire for some time, but no one seems to have the answers as to how to make it work, and can you make it work and keep the stock rear fender?
Have you seen the offerings from Fat Baggers Inc? Link Here

·
Registered
22 Posts
yeah, I have done the searchs too and know about the various kits, I was hoping you had a good low dollar solution, I need to conserve money as I have an 06 Nightrod draining my bank and the bagger is taking the rest, and I'd like to do at least 1 project bagger in near future, so I was hoping for something more in line of budget. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts