Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody. Just Checking Out How Many X Owners Have Made It Over To This Site. I Guess I'm A Airhead As Well As A Water Head Too HA HA HA. So I'm:rofl: Not Predjuist Or I Would Have To Hate My Self.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Me To Max, But The Missus Def. Likes To Ride The Softtail Better. Can't Say i Blame Her.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great #22 It's Good To Have A Place To Discuss The Twin Cams, I Like To Refer To My Heritage As My Lazy Boy On Two Wheels

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Hey Everybody. Just Checking Out How Many X Owners Have Made It Over To This Site. I Guess I'm A Airhead As Well As A Water Head Too HA HA HA. So I'm:rofl: Not Predjuist Or I Would Have To Hate My Self.
Yeah, I love Sportsters and although not to the same extent, Big Twins so this seems like the best of both worlds to me. Just need to get some more users so I am gonna try and contact some of my BT friends and recruit them.

Sometimes the VRSC specific sites remind me of a saying I used to say about "other" bike riders- What do non-HD riders talk about? Harley riders. What do HD riders talk about? Harleys. :)

·
COB
1,984 Posts
DX has mid controls right? I know that complicated the pipe issue for my R.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Negative, CBM. It has forward controls.
So then the D has mid's? I thought there was another 'rod that had mids other than the R. I guess I will go look at the HD web page.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Since you don't care what you are riding... can I trade you an old CB350 for your bike??? I do care!! :)
What year CB350 do you have? I want one of the 69 or 70's I think it is. One with the red and white tank and the rubber knee pads on the tank. Probably actually would prefer a scrambler with the high pipes. But a CB would be cool in that age range.

Ooops, hijacking again, aren't I?

·
Registered
14 Posts
One of these? It's not the red one, but....

Well.. depending on how your paint job turns out, maybe I'll trade you for your StreetRod. Well with a few dollars since the tins are no longer original! :)

·
COB
1,984 Posts
One of these? It's not the red one, but....

Well.. depending on how your paint job turns out, maybe I'll trade you for your StreetRod. Well with a few dollars since the tins are no longer original! :)

Nice crash bars, David. :D

That is the bike I want. Just want one in red. I keep my eye out for one. Eventually one will show up locally for cheap and I will swoop down upon it. My first legal street bike was one of these only it came in a box and became quite possibly the ugliest chopper in the SF Bay Area in 1973. Eventually due to my poor valve setting/timing (I was young then and am not sure what I did wrong) it burnt to the ground in front of the Kawasaki dealer on San Tomas Expwy and El Camino Real in Santa Clara coz gas was spitting out the back of the carbs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I pulled that off of Ebay..
No bids yet, starting at $400.00 I think.

My first REAL bike was a RD200. My next bike that I really rode the s**t out of was the RD400F. After I got hit by a car and lost my DG pipes in Tennessee I had a bike shop make some pipes to get me home. Unfortunately the carbs were never rejetted and I burnt the engine just after I made it back to Montreal (Was on my Montreal, Vancouver, Mexico, Florida (never made it to FL), Montreal trip).

I still dream of getting one and putting back to the way I had mine. I just need more space in the workshop!

I guess we never forget our first real bikes.

It looked pretty much like this one but with red pipes.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great... start another thread and make me move this one!! :)\\

I'll start with my 200 then... had some fun times on that thing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts