Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or any table bike lift for that matter? I've got the Motorcycle Lift Table, 1000 Lb. Capacity. It's got a Removable steel ramp supposedly to be able to drop your wheel through. You'd have to jack the bike up to get the rear wheel off of the removable ramp just in order to to remove the removable ramp. Has anyone done this? Search has produced 0 results web wide.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
You can use a regular motorcycle floor jack just make sure you tie down the bike so the weight doesn't shift and make your bike fall.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got the harbor freight lift table and have had the rear wheels off several times. Like others have said, secure the bike then use another jack on top of the table to raise the rear. Remove the plate in the table and wrestle the rear wheel/tire out.

When reassembling I usually lower the table and or top jack over the wheel instead of trying to lift it up and start the axle by myself. More hands would make it easier but I'm usually by myself so make do.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
ive done wheels and never removed the plate - just jack it up high -lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
i went and bought a car scissor jack for $15 and welded a 12x6 steel plate on mine and it will lift the bike up fine. the pic shows my Road King on the HF table and the jack before i welded the pate on it the jack is at the front tire

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i went and bought a car scissor jack for $15 and welded a 12x6 steel plate on mine and it will lift the bike up fine. the pic shows my Road King on the HF table and the jack before i welded the pate on it the jack is at the front tire
I gotta learn how to weld.:thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts