141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Señor Member
19,740 Posts
Reactions: JTJ

·
Registered
476 Posts
I finally convinced my wife she needed to get her own bike. Now her ass is on her own Harley. Looked at Yamaha's (she had one years ago) and Indians. She fell in love with a Sporty after test riding it.

·
Señor Member
19,740 Posts

·
Senile Member
1,713 Posts
If ya ain't knockin the bottom out of it, you ain't ridin it hard enough...

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
If ya ain't knockin the bottom out of it, you ain't ridin it hard enough...
This ^^. In Texas, we "knock a hole in the bottom of the bucket."

·
Noel
10,090 Posts
I've never had an incident (knock on wood), but my buddy had his bike accidently knocked over by a bar-fly who was leaning/sitting on the seat while having a cig in the parking lot chatting with her girlfriend.

He was inside the club but felt the need (apparition) to go out just after this happened, the bike got righted buy a couple of other dudes and she was sheepishly walking back to the club as he was coming out the door, apologizing for her mistake and the damage, she handed him the lens cover off the broken turn signal.

Vinny is a very calm cool and collected type of guy, martial arts expert, well armed marksman and of all things a Christian biker/evangelist, that gives a bit of perspective about how & why he calmly reacted to the situation.

The next day, sunshine reveals the extent of damage to the bikes fairing, not good and $$$$ to fix (older BMW), yet still as cool & collected as I'd expect him to be.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,805 Posts
Noel, just curious, but did he calmly hand the bar-fly a bill for damages?

Reactions: ARIZONA MISFIT

·
Noel
10,090 Posts
Noel, just curious, but did he calmly hand the bar-fly a bill for damages?
She offered to compensate him for what the damages are, he's pricing out the parts list now, not sure how he'll settle up
:sweetie, being a single guy, he has a bit more latitude :know but knowing him, she will not pay half of what it really costs.

·
Noel
10,090 Posts
You had me right up to the point of "hanging out in a bar" . :think
Gotcha, it's clientele are mostly folks in the 50's +/- age range who go for the social scene, dance, live bands, etc. It does attract the clueless, who have no respect others property, the core problem most folks have mentioned :mad

·
Banned
71 Posts
Gotcha, it's clientele are mostly folks in the 50's +/- age range who go for the social scene, dance, live bands, etc. It does attract the clueless, who have no respect others property, the core problem most folks have mentioned :mad
I know the exact kind of place you are talking about. I used to have a neighborhood bar like that. The folks who owned it for years finally sold it, to retire last year .

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
It it most certainly more polite to ask but, if they aren't trying to steal the bike. Just take it as a complement, maybe even ask them if they would like you to take a picture of them on it with their phone... You just may make their day! So long as everything is: No harm, No fowl.

Now if they are acting belligerent, they are going to be eating the top side of a helmet for sure!

Reactions: slingshot383

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,943 Posts
It it most certainly more polite to ask but, if they aren't trying to steal the bike. Just take it as a complement, maybe even ask them if they would like you to take a picture of them on it with their phone... You just may make their day! So long as everything is: No harm, No fowl.

Now if they are acting belligerent, they are going to be eating the top side of a helmet for sure!
1/2 Ton, you do realize that you responded to a newbie that’s been banned a couple other times (under different names) in a 7 year old thread, dontcha?

Reactions: slingshot383

·
Registered
12,696 Posts
How do you say no to these future bikers. One of our young Techs and family. Daddy has a bitchin 66 NOVA

141 - 160 of 163 Posts