Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just got a 13 Road Glide and am going thru the same thing. The 14" recurve is approx. the same as the stock 16" as far as wind protection goes. They say you can go with the 14" because the recurve directs the wind 2" above what the shield is. I have a LRS 14" recurve on my 13 and it is just a little to tall. I can barely see over the top of it. I am going to go with the 12" recurve. With that said the 14" blocks the wind and I have no buffering at all. I'm 5'10" and I hope the 12" does a good job also. If you have the 16" screen take a piece of painters tape and measure 14" and place the top of the tape at the top of the mark. The bottom of the tape will be at 12". Go for a ride and see which height you would like better. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for this. Very helpful......i'm 6'0 tall so maybe the 14' is right for me given your comments. If you can barely see over it at 5'10" the maybe the 2 inch diff in our height will make it the right choice for me....The fitment notes say this about the true height: "

Fitment Notes & Exceptions
  • The Sport Flare measures 14" from the base to the top but sits at an angle - it measures approximately 9" vertically from the base
  • The Pro-Touring Flare has a more vertical stance and will appear about 3-4" taller than the Sport Flare"

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I've been really pleased with the shield I got from these folks. Just follow their measuring guide.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took delivery of my 2020 RGL this past weekend and rode the entire weekend. Love it. The height of the stock windshield is perfect for me. I would like to replace it with something that has better wind management, not that the stock is bad but I'm thinking it could be slightly better.

The issue I'm having is understanding how the stock windshield height is measured. I'm reading anywhere from 11 to 12 to 13.5-14 inches. So, what is it? How is it measured? It seems that every manufacturer measures their windshields differently, so finding one that matches the stock RGL height seems like it would be difficult.

Does anyone know the official size and how it is derived?

Thanks!
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts