Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was installing my running lights, and of course thought I'd have easy access to a violet wire located at the headlight. It becomes hot when the ignition is turned on. I'm just curious, looks like it has something to do with a police option??? I located the two gray wires coming off my toggle which is what I was looking for, works like a charm.

·
Retired citizen
23,209 Posts
Violet wires are used for the left turn directionals.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Violet wires are used for the left turn directionals.
Do you know why in the world they have this capped off at the front of the bike...... its not in use.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just installed the hd led directionals and there was a black, blue, and purple for each side connecting together in a 6way plug.
I also noticed two wires coming off of the headlight plug (orange and purple I think) that are tapped and visible on the right side. I am assuming that these are for if you upgrade to a different headlamp that uses multiple bulbs.
My gray wire was connected to my auxiliary lights.

Joshua

·
Retired citizen
23,209 Posts
Do you know why in the world they have this capped off at the front of the bike...... its not in use.
If the wires have caps on them they are probably the HDI light wires for the Euro models. They're usually taped to the headlight wire harness.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the wires have caps on them they are probably the HDI light wires for the Euro models. They're usually taped to the headlight wire harness.
Learn something new everyday... thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts