Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specifically a quick detatchable Harley windshield? I was afraid I was gonna break it to get on the forks, because I had to bend it so much.

Is that normal? And yes, it was what fit the bike according to the Harley store.

·
Registered
39,487 Posts
What did you have to bend?

Doesn't sound right to me, never heard of having to bend anything from the MoCo to get it to fit.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What did you have to bend?

Doesn't sound right to me, never heard of having to bend anything from the MoCo to get it to fit.
The windshield itself. I had to put a lot of pressure on it to get it to clamp to both sides. It is for sure the right part number. BTW, I'm only going to use it when I'm going out on the interstate for long haul rides, so my head won't be shaking back and forth. :)

·
Registered
11,968 Posts
Take it back to HD dealer, may be they can show you where you went wrong or they gave you wrong one. Mine fits like glove, same front forks as Night Train.

·
Registered
39,487 Posts
Or maybe take a pic of the mounting. See if anyone can spot something wrong.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Give me a little bit and I'll put up a YouTube link of me wrestling the thing on and off.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's the video

And I hope you get as much of a laugh out of this as I did! Two for one...you get to see how my winshield comes off and goes back on...AND...my wife's reaction to being attacked by a beetle!

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For some reason, I pulled up the directions for the windshied when I was surfing on my iPad while in bed. Looked, then BAM it hit me like a ton of bricks where I screwed up. If you look close at the video, I'll bet you can see it.

A dollar to the first person that spots it.

·
Registered
39,487 Posts
Looks like you have the clamps flipped around 180 on the bracket.

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like you have the clamps flipped around 180 on the bracket.
And....

A buck goes to Brian! PM your addy to me, and your dollar will be forthcoming!

Also, goes to show what a goofball I am. Can't even follow simple directions...:dunno

·
Registered
811 Posts
And....

Also, goes to show what a goofball I am. Can't even follow simple directions...:dunno

I don't think he was right, no buck to Brian. What you did wrong was no beer!! Everyone knows that's the first step to getting a job done correctly ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
11,968 Posts
Project rules for working on your bike.

1. Read DIRECTIONS Carefully twice or more. "Sober"

2. Open and drink a beer.

3. Start assembly

4. Good Luck

·
Registered
39,487 Posts
And....

If you were closer to Louisville, I'd ask you to send me a turkey rib from Shack in the Back BBQ! :drool

20140521_134908.jpg

·
Thug counter
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you were closer to Louisville, I'd ask you to send me a turkey rib from Shack in the Back BBQ! :drool

View attachment 341586
Funny it's called 'shack', because a couple of years ago, a guy opened up a bbq place a couple of miles from here that is just a smoker in a shack, and the food he serves out of it looks exactly like that. He puts the pulled meat on a bun, you get 2 sides (3 choices of baked beans, slaw, and potato chips), and you get a choice of 4 sauces to put on your sandwich at the pick up window. The only 'eat-in' tables are 3 picnic tables outside. You gotta wait a long time, but when you get the food, it's way worth it.

90% of his business is drive through. The only difference between drive through and eating there? Styrofoam tray vs. chinet plate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts