Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love a little bag, no bigger than a typical windshield bag. Does anyone know of one?

I posted next door and want to know what you all have to offer.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Here is a some to choose from. I dont have any experience with any of them though.

Lil I'm guessing the one I have is too large for your needs.They don't come much smaller than that as far as I can tell. Theres a small motorcycle clothing and accesory store by me, Ready Riders. The owner Walt came up with a great idea. He stocks these bags and pouches designed for bicycles in a small section in his store.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,66862_Deuter-Rack-Top-Bicycle-Bag.html?cm_mmc=PaidPlacement-_-Yahoo-_-WINK8-_-Deuter_Rack_Top_Bicycle_Bag

http://www.bikemania.biz/Saddle_Bags_s/225.htm

http://www.xxcycle.com/bicycle-bags,en.php

I dont know if it's your style or not but a backpack strapped to the sissy works well too.

Wait I think I remember Hanz sneaking one into a photo somewhere. A very small leather roll bag on the back. I cant find it.

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
You might try other shops or sources than HD. I picked this one up in a Japanese parts and accessories shop for $25. It's about a foot square and solidly made. German made.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
I'd love a little bag, no bigger than a typical windshield bag. Does anyone know of one?
Wot the hell is a "windshield bag"? I'm serious here.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It attaches to the inside of the windshield and functions in a manner similar to a glove box in a car. You can see it clearly here

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Wot the hell is a "windshield bag"? I'm serious here.
Further to Lil's answer, and from a more manly point of view, it's the same as a fork mounted tool roll.

Just that my fork mounted tool roll is a fake which contains the electrics what used to be under the headlight shroud before I got rid of it and needed somewhere else to put the connector block and switch gear for the signals and then I hadda find somewhere else to put the tools so another tool roll strapped to the bars inside the shield works for that.

The sissy bar bag hides the ScottOiler.

It's all lies, I tell ya :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Where have you been Pete?
In Finland for a couple days getting an inspection on an Aita.

Actually, just accompanying SWMBO :rofl::rofl::rofl:

She has now decided she wants a scooter. As in Piaggio.

Aita

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
Ok, so is Aita your place of respite at the homestead?

PS
Obedience is admirable in a mate. :D
Aita is a small barn which may or may not have space to sleep.

Obedience is my middle name. School motto 'Serve and Obey'.

I am my lady's servant.

That's what I'm good at :D

That, and making mincemeat out of anyone who is not decent, honest and true.

But we keep that a secret :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hoc Majorum Virtus

:cool:

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
The scooter has to be a two-wheeler, though. Some of the tracks where we go mushroom hunting are little more than animal trails. And the bike will only get a month's use each year at forest speeds, so a 50cc is quite sufficient.

Still, anything that gets her on two wheels again. As a kid she used to ride her Dad's IC350. No desire at all to ride now. Quite happy as a passenger. But if she has wheels in Finland, then that's the green light for me to get a trail bike :D

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Fly50 ought to fit the bill perfectly. I laughed out loud in my helmet the first time riding one of those.
What sort of trail bike will make Mr. Logan happy?

·
Official Ass Tweaker
1,804 Posts
What sort of trail bike will make Mr. Logan happy?
I was thinking maybe a Royal Enfield set up as a Trials bike. They come in 350 or 500 ............. Maybe.

When I was a kid the Trials boys used to come around through the woods behind our village on bikes very much like this.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts