Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing quite a bit of traveling with work and I am considering parking a Buell Ulysses next to the VRod. I think with the hard cases that are available (2 saddle and one trunk style) it would make a killer commuter. Anyone have one?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I wish I could have one. Would make a great alternative to the V Rod. Buy used. Seems like there are some leftovers out there.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I love motorcyclists! I met this elder seasoned citizen who had been riding for many years, but only Harleys. Well now, he is riding a Streetfighter and loving it!

·
Smooth Operator!
121 Posts
Toby wait until the new Buell comes out, the XB market will fall on its face and you should be able to get a really good deal.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been doing quite a bit of traveling with work and I am considering parking a Buell Ulysses next to the VRod. I think with the hard cases that are available (2 saddle and one trunk style) it would make a killer commuter. Anyone have one?
I'd love to have an "Ulysses." Good commuter, plus, you can take a dirt road when you get the urge. I would have liked to have had one when I toured Colorado. Ended up on Lot's of one track roads, mostly rocky. My son and I were on a pair of Buell's, a X and a ST. They took a beating but never let us down. I will be checking out the new 1125R, been waiting for water cooled since.....
..... way back.:ride

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Use to ride a Cyclone. Miss it. A Ulysses in the future is something bouncing around between the ears.

JD... If you wandered the Tincup, CO area on street Buells, you could have used a Ulysses indeed!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Use to ride a Cyclone. Miss it. A Ulysses in the future is something bouncing around between the ears.

JD... If you wandered the Tincup, CO area on street Buells, you could have used a Ulysses indeed!
That we did, and, they looked like true dirt bikes. My son said we should leave em that way..looked cool. I'll see if I can find a grainy pic of em while they were still clean, probably have to re-size it. :)

Here it is........I'm shootin' the pic..son's on his bike. I've been there on many differant bikes. First time was 86 (I think) for the first HOG rally in Breckinridge.:)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Was down at our local track monday - it was a public holiday, so they had bikes racing only. There was a guy out there on the only XB12 that did really well in the BOT.
There was also a Super Motard race. Seems to be the thing tese days, seeing more and more of them on the road.

I think the Ulysses is kinda like a mix of the two...good idea!

·
Registered
20 Posts
buell blues

I HAD an 09 ulysess, traded it in on an FXDR with only 800 miles on the Buell.
i have to confess the failure could have been dealer related.
it ran hot, burned my legs til i put on heat shield. But the straw that broke it was that it never ran right. at any time it might decide to start coughing and spitting and farting and in general trying to buck me off. If it had been a horse Id a shot it! Dealer never could find or fix that problem. Those problems were always in the street, relatively slow, where i needed to get out of the way of traffic frinstance. On the highway it ran like a dream, very little wind problem, tracked like a rocket!
The only thing i didnt like about the design of the bike was that it is way too top heavy, seriously. You want to buy one? Fine, carefully, by hand and with help, lay the proposed purchase down softly somewhere, on a blanket if you can to protect it, then try to pick it up by yourself! I dare ya. After that experiment, imagine yourself in the boonies with the thing on top of your leg. Aint no dirt bike.
Now the street fighters and shorter versions are really cool in that they can turn circles around most other bikes and so they are super agile, I love that. But I opted for the Uly for its off road capability and it dissapointed me greatly. Maybe if I was a 20 year old football player it would be a different story. Hope this helps you decide.

·
Banned
5,949 Posts
Hey Lostgringo just cause im out of town and away this weekend doesn t excuse you from the New to the Community page, So how bout slippin on up there and introducein yourself so we know who we are talkin to, Thank you! :thumb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts