Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating between the power commander 3 and the power commander V to get my bike tuned. I was fairly educated on tuning my Subaru which I think was much more complex than these motors. With my suby I had to worry about MAF, injector duty cycles, wastegate duty cycles, ignition timing, and so on. Its a big list, but this power commander program looks nice and simple. I could see why an N/A motor would me a much less daunting task. Is anyone doing their own? How hard is it?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
59 Posts
I tune all my own motorcycles. I would go with the PCV and add the Auto Tune module for a nice automated setup that also allows you the flexibility of tweaking areas you want more power or better cruising part throttle economy. This can also be done with the Thundermax tuners. The powercommander setup is less pricey and I have used it several times.

The process is very easy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tune all my own motorcycles. I would go with the PCV and add the Auto Tune module for a nice automated setup that also allows you the flexibility of tweaking areas you want more power or better cruising part throttle economy. This can also be done with the Thundermax tuners. The powercommander setup is less pricey and I have used it several times.

The process is very easy.
Does the tuner do timing as well? I'm sure with our compression ratios and 93 octant the bike could handle a bit of timing advance without knock. I think because of my exhaust with the lack of back pressure the timing is coming a few degrees late. Also do you do data logs with it? On the subys you typically connect your lap top, do a pull, go back and look at your data chart and make fueling adjustments where need be. I can't find much on the dynojet software for some reason.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does the tuner do timing as well? I'm sure with our compression ratios and 93 octant the bike could handle a bit of timing advance without knock. I think because of my exhaust with the lack of back pressure the timing is coming a few degrees late. Also do you do data logs with it? On the subys you typically connect your lap top, do a pull, go back and look at your data chart and make fueling adjustments where need be. I can't find much on the dynojet software for some reason.

I use the SEPST (lotta cheap ones on Ebay) and it works fine. Covers everything uses OE Delphi and can adjust pretty much everything. It is the follow-on to TTS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts