Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
American
26,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering..... keep getting this annoying pop up at bottom of screen!

·
Registered
21,262 Posts
Nope.
We have a thread for that , they asked for our input , we gave our input.....
they answered questions for a while , now they ignore us.
Instead of putting it back the way it was , we were forced to adapt to a new format run by a bunch of hosers who don't :ride.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
Part of it says, "Your feedback helps drive our decision making." I ain't buying it. Seems to me they should have asked for feedback before they made major changes.

That's from what I see in the pop up asking me to take the survey.

·
American
26,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Part of it says, "Your feedback helps drive our decision making." I ain't buying it. Seems to me they should have asked for feedback before they made major changes.

That's from what I see in the pop up asking me to take the survey.
Joe, we have given ample feedback for a long time....... they didn't ever listen!

·
American
26,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope.
We have a thread for that , they asked for our input , we gave our input.....
they answered questions for a while , now they ignore us.
Instead of putting it back the way it was , we were forced to adapt to a new format run by a bunch of hosers who don't :ride.
There aren't enough people on here anymore for them to care.....

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,659 Posts
I started to take it, but it looked way too cumbersome.

I agree with y’all. They have plenty of opportunities to listen to us. They. Don’t. Listen.

Some good folks here, and a wealth of knowledge will be lost as our membership becomes less active.

Sad.

·
weird member
2,046 Posts
I started to, but the first question was about VS employees and what they can do better to be able to be contacted or some crap and required a written response.

Pass on all that. If it was just a bunch of "rate such and such experience 1-10" and just one question at the end to leave comments, I might have.

Like @southernman_67 , I found it way too cumbersome.

I already said my bit on it. I was actually OK with the forum software changes in general, but some things did bug me about it (not enough contrast between forum headers and forums, not enough contrast between posts and ad space, not enough contrast between post content and post header, etc).

But the things that really get me, are the ads between posts being so intrusive and the rampant rise of spam.

And one thing I never said, but had bothered me last week, is the fact that they decide to do forum updates in the middle of the day rather than when it is least active.

There's a bunch of little stuff too that could be better, like changing text colors and sizes the way we used to be able to, lack of ability to format in the showcase (you can paste a link and it work, but you can't format it like [ url = "whatever" ]Click Here[ /url ]. But that kind of stuff is small potatoes, there's bigger problems.

I noticed too, if I mentioned in the feedback thread, even something as obscure as wanting the ability to rearrange the order of the pictures in the show case, get an instant, personalized response in the thread (even if it's a generic response, it's not a copy/paste from the FAQ). But, mention spam or ads... not a word, and it's the biggest complaint and they gloss over it like they don't see it. They won't even acknowledge it exists.

I didn't bother, I figured based on the first questions, none of the other questions would even be remotely related to anything I had to say.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
^^^My thoughts exactly. Didn't like the new format when it came out. Decided to give it a while . Still don't like it and don't believe the powers that be give a shit.

·
Noel
7,813 Posts
Every forum in inventory is being converted to this application, assimilate & comply, your opinions about regression will be ignored, opinions about tweaking the new environment might be addressed but given the work going on to roll all the other properties, we may not see any substantial changes until the "Heavy Lift" is done.

JMHO.....

·
American
26,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Every forum in inventory is being converted to this application, assimilate & comply, your opinions about regression will be ignored, opinions about tweaking the new environment might be addressed but given the work going on to roll all the other properties, we may not see any substantial changes until the "Heavy Lift" is done.

JMHO.....
Okay Noel, but did you take the survey?

·
Wayward Son
23,127 Posts
FUCKno.

·
weird member
2,046 Posts
I wish someone would take mine and get it off the page
When I clicked to take the survey, then closed the survey when it wanted me to write an essay on question 2, it never came back up again for me.

Click it, let it come up, then close it and it should stop bugging you.

·
Wayward Son
23,127 Posts
Amazing the timing on this survey.
Anyone else find it just a little odd that it got pushed out prior to the announcement of the wonderful be all end all premium membership?

·
Try'n to behave
5,540 Posts
May want to rethink taking the survey; odds are that they won't listen to one thing we say, but if only one person from the powers that be take the survey then they can say that '100% of survey respondents approve of the changes and like the new format'.

Survey numbers can always be skewed to support any position you want.

·
Banned
10 Posts
You could always build and run your own forum where you make all the rules and give it to us all for free. Everyone would join. What's stopping you?

·
Killer of Souls
10,893 Posts
You could always build and run your own forum where you make all the rules and give it to us all for free. Everyone would join. What's stopping you?
Wow, profound logic from someone here less time than it takes for paint to dry.

It’s not about building a new forum, it’s about the one we (the community) built and they decided to fubar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts