Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
So.....my bike is officially 10 years old now. Nice.....

·
Registered
691 Posts
I test rode one in Sturgis. Smooth ride. Very nice, but the fairing not moving freaked me out a little. No plans for one, I just wanted to test one to see what the hype was all about. I love my SG.

·
EX-VIRGIN
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kind of my thought too.....wanting to test then hype. I have a buddy that has the 13 after coming off a SG. He swears by his RG. I wonder if wind buffeting exists on the RG.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Kind of my thought too.....wanting to test then hype. I have a buddy that has the 13 after coming off a SG. He swears by his RG. I wonder if wind buffeting exists on the RG.

I will never own a batwing bike again, after riding my RG.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have not ridden a 15. Had a 09 and went back to Batwing. Nothing wrong with RG I just like the Batwing better.

Doogle

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,743 Posts
I rode a Rushmore bike and thought "this might be my bike in another 10 years". My Dyna is offically 10 and mamma bear is 18.

·
Former Lurker
2,931 Posts
I test rode one in Sturgis. Smooth ride. Very nice, but the fairing not moving freaked me out a little. No plans for one, I just wanted to test one to see what the hype was all about. I love my SG.
Years ago I bought a Suzuki 750 (1978?) with one the old vetter windjammers on it (before I took it off) and I didn't like it either... Felt weird...
Back then I never thought I'd like a bagger of any kind... I now Luv my Eg's...

·
IMMORTAL UNDEAD
904 Posts
Great bike love the ride but I would have to get the 13" shocks to raise it up a little and give more suspension travel for 2 up but for solo riding it rides awesome maybe raise the bars 2" but that's just me. I rode it in Sturgis the blue is a really nice color.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I looked at one at the dealership today and for some reason I was under the impression that these new Rgs were going to come standard with the 110 CI Engine but I was wrong they still have the 103. So if the radio upgrade and the new faring design are the only differance from a 2013 then the extra cost is not IMHO worth it. The Fairing seems smallish and the radio in a 13 could always be upgraded. Now I am an SG man myself and I dont knock the RG just didnt like this one much. And yes the blue is nice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts